This document outlines the process to set up UTS Freight in ShipperHQ to obtain live rates associated with your UTS account.
On This Page
Before you begin, please ensure you have the following:
- Your UTS user ID
- Your UTS password
- Your UTS Bill to Location ID
- LTL Freight Feature – Adding this carrier requires the LTL Freight Feature enabled either before or during the process described below. Click this link for more information about enabling the LTL Freight Feature.
Steps to Add This Carrier
Now that you have your credentials ready use the steps below to set up UTS in ShipperHQ.
- Log into your ShipperHQ account.
- Navigate to the Manage Shipping > Carriers dashboard.
- Click the + New to add a new carrier.
- Click the Live Rate Carrier option.
- Use the Search Carriers search bar to type in UTS or scroll down to find UTS from the list of available carriers.
- Select UTS Freight.
- Type in the name of the carrier you want your customers to see. Example: UTS or UTS Frieght.
- Click the Continue button.
Steps to Validate This Carrier
- Click the Enter Credentials button.
- Click the Enter Credentials button once again.
- Input your User Name, Password, Bill to Location ID (obtained from UTS) into the fields provided.
- Select the Payment Type from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Validate button.
- If validation is successful, toggle grey Enable toggle button to enable the UTS Freight carrier.
- Click the Configure This Carrier button if the validation process was successful.
Congratulations! Your UTS Freight carrier is now enabled and ready for configuration.
Freight Shipping Configuration
Use any of the following links to configure your UTS Freight carrier:
- Setting Weight Thresholds for Oversized Carts
- How to Set Items that Must Ship Freight
- Setting Up Shipping Groups
Use any of the following links for more configuration options:
- Setting Up Shipping Rules
- How to Set Up Packing Rules
- How to Add a Surcharge/Handling Fee to a Carrier