The In-Store Pickup Feature of ShipperHQ allows you to offer your customers the option to Buy Online Pickup in Store, also called Click & Collect.
There are 2 types of In-Store Pickup supported in ShipperHQ:
- Using radius from the merchant e.g. Allow Pickup if customer is < 50 miles from shop
- Specific locations, determining the closest and presenting options in a format that can allow down to date/time slot selection
Which one you choose depends on your needs. We often see single origin merchants implementing the radius Pickup, whereas large multi-city/state stores tend to want the specific locations.
- Enable the In-Store Pickup Feature
- Optional: To display a map of Pickup Locations at checkout (currently supported on Magento 1.x, Magento 2.x, and Zoey only) you will need to set up a Google Maps API Key within your ShipperHQ account.
Add an In-Store Pickup Carrier
- Go to “Carriers” in the left navigation
- Select “Add New +” on the Carriers page
- Choose “Custom Carrier” as the Carrier Type
- Choose “In-store Pickup”
- Give your Carrier a name
- Click Continue
Configure Your In-Store Pickup Carrier
Once the Carrier is created, you have access to the Carrier Settings to establish the Method Name that displays, the Pickup Locations to enable, and Distance Radius to show Store Pickup if applicable. You can also attach Pickup Locations. If you have not yet set up Pickup Locations, do so then edit your Store Pickup Carrier to attached them to your carrier.
Set Up Pickup Locations
- Go to “Pickup Locations” from left nav
- Select “Add New +” on the bottom of Pickup Locations page
- In the Basic panel, Fill out the Pickup Location Name and Checkout Description (this is what will be displayed to the customers at checkout).
- Still in the Basic panel, plug the Assigned Pick Up Carriers into your In Store Pickup Carrier.
- Under the Address panel, make sure to fill in the correct information to the actual Pickup Location. On Magento and Zoey: Within the Send Email, you can either choose to have an email sent for the order when the order is placed or when the invoice is placed or not at all. (You may also need to set up emails from within Magento.)
- Under the Optional panel, you can enter Store Hours that will display to customers in the checkout (not supported on BigCommerce or Shopify). You can also set Blackout Pickup Dates or Days.
- Also in the Optional panel, you can set to show the Store in a Map (not supported on BigCommerce or Shopify).
Magento 1 & 2 and Zoey
On Magento 1/2 platforms, In Store Pickup carriers have rich functionality on the checkout, allowing customers to select a pickup location and optionally display a map of nearest locations.
It allows customers to choose a pickup location from the checkout. We automatically display all the available pickup locations as separate shipping methods.
The display options can be customized in the “Features” tab of ShipperHQ navigation, within the Settings section of the “In-Store Pickup” Feature:
To test this feature on your storefront, please make sure that you have installed the appropriate ShipperHQ modules. Instructions on how to install this module for Magento 2 can be found at our doc “Installing Magento 2 ShipperHQ Separate Modules“. For Magento 1 this is included with the ZIP provided.
Once your setup is complete, you will see the listed methods displayed in the cart & checkout as exampled below.
Display Pickup Calendar
If you want to offer your customers the ability to choose the date on which they wish to pickup their order, enable the “Show Calendar” option under the Calendar tab on your In-Store Pickup Carrier. You can optionally also offer Timeslots for customers to choose the specific time of day they would like to pick up their order. Calendar and Timeslots require the Date & Time Feature and are currently supported on Magento 1.x, Magento 2.x, and Zoey.
“No Pickup Locations Found”
The following are the 2 most common reasons for this error.
- The “Maximum Distance for Delivery” setting set on the Pickup Carrier restricts the area for which this pickup location will display to a certain radius. When a customer enters an address with a zip code that is not within the radius defined by the Maximum Distance setting – that customer will receive a message saying:
- When making a shipping estimate, using a destination with the same address will cause this pickup rate to not return. Changing the street is the minimum required difference to return a rate in this case.
See the screenshot below for instructions on how to edit settings of “In-Store Pickup”
Note: Full In-Store Pickup with map display is not supported on all platforms, so if you don’t see this option available in the Features area, it’s not currently supported on your platform. On platforms where full functionality is not supported, you can still set up your In-Store Pickup options in the same way. However, customers will not be shown a map or store info on checkout, they’ll just be shown a list of pickup locations to choose from.