This article will cover the steps needed to connect your Shopify store with ShipperHQ.
Shopify charges $20 per month for the Real-Time Calculated Shipping option and requires this in order for apps like ShipperHQ to work.
If you are on the Shopify Advanced or Shopify Plus plans or if you pay annually, Real-Time Calculated Shipping is included with your Shopify subscription at no additional cost.
- Sign up for a ShipperHQ account at ShipperHQ.com by clicking on “30 Day Free Trial” at the top right of the page.
- Select “Shopify” from the list of platforms on the popup.
- Next, enter the URL of your Shopify store. Note that it is important that you use your shop url that ends with “.myshopify.com” and then “Authorize”
- You will be prompted to login to your Shopify store (if not already logged in).
- After authorizing, you will be brought to your Shopify apps dashboard so you can install ShipperHQ.
Press “Install unlisted app” button at the bottom (see screenshot).
- You will be returned to ShipperHQ to add information to your account profile.
- Once you proceed you will see a confirmation page with a link to access the your ShipperHQ Dashboard. Then “Go To Dashboard”.
- Finally, you will be redirected to your ShipperHQ dashboard with a notice that your Shopify store has been connected.
- You will be prompted to accept billing for the app. Note you will still get 30 days free trial. Billing will commence immediately after 30 days ends.
- Voila! The Trial Wizard will help you begin validating your carriers and setting up rules in ShipperHQ.
In Shopify, if you’re missing shipping methods you may need to navigate from within your Shopify dashboard using the steps below to set up your store to show all SHQ methods you currently have as well as set up new methods to automatically show on the front end here.
Navigate to Settings > Shipping > Edit Shipping for each zone using ShipperHQ > Edit Calculated Rates for ShipperHQ.
Here we recommend you have “Automatically offer new shipping services as they become available” checked, as well as any other services above this that you don’t already have checked off.
Note: If you don’t wish to automatically offer new shipping methods, and instead want to enable some shipping methods for a zone, you will need to take extra precautions when changing your ShipperHQ configuration. Shopify will de-select a shipping method by default if the shipping method name or the carrier name are changed in the future. Therefore, you will need to ensure the shipping method is still selected after you make any amendments to your ShipperHQ carrier and method names.
Logging into ShipperHQ
In the future, you can login to ShipperHQ by:
- Going to ShipperHQ.com and choosing “Login” from the top right of the page.
- Selecting “Shopify” from the platforms.
- Entering your Shopify store URL. It is important that you use your shop url that ends with “.myshopify.com”
- Successfully access the ShipperHQ Dashboard.
When you’ve connected ShipperHQ to your Shopify store, you’re ready to start implementing rates to test.
The Trial Wizard will help you set up your Origin Location and connect a Flat Rate Carrier, but you’ll also want to think about adding:
- Carrier Rules to modify or control rates — Carrier Rules let you add Free Shipping logic, or even logic to hide/show certain methods.
- Advanced Features to bolster your checkout — Offer Estimated Delivery Date, LTL rates for heavy orders, and more.