This article covers the steps needed to connect your Shopify store with ShipperHQ.
When you sign up for Real-Time Calculated Shipping, there may be a delay before you can see the ShipperHQ setup reflected in Shopify. The delay can range from 30 minutes to a full day.
Shopify charges $20 per month for the Real-Time Calculated Shipping option and requires this in order for apps like ShipperHQ to work.
If you are on the Shopify Advanced or Shopify Plus plans, or if you pay annually, Real-Time Calculated Shipping is already included with your Shopify subscription at no additional cost.
- Sign up for a ShipperHQ account at ShipperHQ.com by clicking on “30 Day Free Trial” at the top right of the page.
- Select “Shopify” from the list of platforms on the popup.
- Next, enter the URL of your Shopify store. Note that it is important that you use your shop url that ends with “.myshopify.com” and then “Authorize“
- From there you will be prompted to login to your Shopify store (if not already logged in).
- After authorizing, you will be brought to your Shopify apps dashboard so you can install ShipperHQ.
Press “Install app” button at the bottom (see screenshot).
- You will be prompted to accept billing for the app. Note you will still get 30 days free trial. Billing will commence immediately after 30 days ends.
- You will be returned to ShipperHQ to add information to your account profile.
- Once you proceed, you will see a confirmation page with a link to access the your ShipperHQ Dashboard. Then “Go To Dashboard“.
- Finally, you will be redirected to your ShipperHQ dashboard with a notice that your Shopify store has been connected.
- Voila! The Trial Wizard will help you begin validating your carriers and setting up rules in ShipperHQ.
In Shopify, if you’re missing shipping methods you may need to navigate from within your Shopify dashboard. Use the steps below to set up your store so that all ShipperHQ methods you currently have will show. These steps will also ensure any new methods you create will automatically show on the front end of your store as well.
- Navigate to Settings > Shipping > in the Rates at Checkout section, select Manage Rates
- For each shipping zone you have configured, select Add Rate button
- Select ‘Use carrier or app to calculate rates‘ and choose ‘ShipperHQ (Rates provided by app)‘ from the dropdown menu
- We recommend you have “Automatically show new shipping services to customers when they become available” checked
- Click Done to close dialog, click Save to save changes to your shipping settings
Note: Take extra precautions when changing your ShipperHQ configuration if you don’t wish to automatically offer new shipping methods. Shopify will de-select a shipping method by default if the shipping method name or carrier name are changed later. Therefore, double check the shipping method is still selected after you make any amendments to your ShipperHQ carrier and method names.
Logging into ShipperHQ
In the future, you can login to ShipperHQ by:
- Going to ShipperHQ.com and choosing “Login” from the top right of the page.
- Selecting “Shopify” from the platforms.
- Entering your Shopify store URL. It is important that you use your shop url that ends with “.myshopify.com”
- Successfully access the ShipperHQ Dashboard.
When you’ve connected ShipperHQ to your Shopify store, you’re ready to start implementing rates to test.
The Trial Wizard will help you set up your Origin Location and connect a Flat Rate Carrier, but you’ll also want to think about adding:
- Carrier Rules to modify or control rates — Carrier Rules let you add Free Shipping logic, or even logic to hide/show certain methods.
- Advanced Features to bolster your checkout — Offer Estimated Delivery Date, LTL rates for heavy orders, and more.