ShipperHQ supports adding a handling fee to the carrier. This can be a percentage or a fixed value.
- Navigate to the Carrier in the SHQ Dashboard
- Decide if you want to add per order, item, or per package/shipment
- Enter handling amount
We give a couple of advanced features, for the most part they can be ignored.
- Ability to add the fee before or after carrier rules processing. This is relevant if you have a carrier rule that further manipulates the shipping rate e.g. add another 10% of shipping price
- Set whether handling fee is still added if shipping price is $0.00 – in most cases you wouldn’t add the fee. See below for more details.
Apply Handling Fee on Free Shipping
By default, the handling fee will not apply to free shipping. You can however change this behaviour. You have to choice of:
- Fixed/Free Shipping – Handling fee will apply if shipping price is zero because its been set by a carrier rule
- Free Promotion Rule – Handling fee will apply if shipping price is zero because a promotional rule has been created on the eCommerce platform which gives free shipping
- All Free Shipping – Both scenarios above are catered for
- N/A – Default behaviour. Handling never applies to free shipping