This doc with walk you through the initial setup for creating Small Package, Custom Rate and LTL Freight Carriers. Setting up a Carrier in ShipperHQ allows you to choose the shipping methods you want to show at checkout and manipulate these options.
These types of carriers include:
- Live Rate Carriers – Pulls live rates using your carrier credentials
- Small Package Carriers like UPS, FedEx, USPS, Australia Post, DHL, etc
- LTL (Less than Truckload) Freight Carriers and 3PLs like Cerasis, UPS Freight or YRC
- Custom Rate Carriers – Custom rates you define within ShipperHQ
- Custom-rate carriers like free shipping, table rates, or flat rates
- Special carriers like In-Store Pickup
Creating a Carrier
All carriers will need to be set up from the Carrier section in your ShipperHQ dashboard.
- Select Add New on the Carrier Page
- In the Create New Carrier Popup, enter:
- The carrier type –
- Custom Carrier – Table Rates, Flat, Free, Same Day Delivery, Customer Accounts
- Small Package – Live Rate small package carriers supported by ShipperHQ
- Freight LTL – Live Rate LTL Freight and 3PLs supported by ShipperHQ
- Carrier – choose the actual carrier
- Name Your Carrier
- The carrier type –
- Now you will need to go through the following areas to make sure you have your carrier set up with the correct credentials, shipping methods, restrictions, surcharges and more.
- Carrier Overview – Specify the Carrier Name, Title (displayed in Cart), and which origins you want this carrier to apply to
- Account Settings – For Live Rate carriers, you will need to enter your account details so that you can pull rates. These are provided to you by the carrier.
- Display Restrictions – If necessary, you can restrict the carrier to only apply to a set of zones.
- Shipping Methods – For Live Rate carriers you can select which shipping methods you want enabled. For Custom carriers, you will need to add shipping methods or import a csv file in the Manage Table Rates section.
- Additional Charges – Set which destination type you will use with this carrier. (Business or Residential)
- Package Settings – Set the min/max weights for packages and shipments
- Free Shipping Promotions – Select shipping methods you would like to offer for free. If you want to apply a rule for free shipping, this should be done under Carrier Rules
- Handling Fees – Can be applied per order, per item or per package
- Error Handling – Set an error message to display when no rates can be found
- Advanced Options – Only fill out this section if you are 100% sure. This is where you can specify min/max shipping fee and sort order.
- Save the Carrier