Use this guide to connect your ShipperHQ account with your TForce Freight account to enable real-time LTL freight rating.
Most TFI International companies, including TForce Freight, operate independent shipping rating systems. In addition to TForce Freight, ShipperHQ supports Vitran Express and TST-CF Express (formerly TST Overland Express and Canadian Freightways). Contact us if you are interested in using other TFI International LTL or parcel services through ShipperHQ.
On This Page
- TForce Freight Account A TForce Freight account is required to retrieve rates via ShipperHQ. If you do not already have a TForce Freight account you will need to contact TForce Freight to set up an account before continuing.
- ShipperHQ LTL Freight advanced feature Adding this carrier requires the LTL Freight advanced feature enabled either before or during the process described below.
Steps To Add This Carrier
Obtaining Test Credentials
To get rates from TForce Freight using ShipperHQ, you’ll need production API credentials. Since the TForce Freight API is still powered by UPS, these credentials are obtained via the UPS Developer Kit. If you already have production API credentials, skip to Adding TForce Freight in ShipperHQ.
- Go to the UPS Developer Kit website and log in with your UPS.com credentials or create a UPS.com account if you do not already have one
Before proceeding, will need to associate your TForce Freight account with your UPS.com account at Accounts and Payments if you’ve not already done so.
- Click “Manage Access Keys” under “Access and Administration”
- Click “Request New Access Key”
- Under “I need an access key because” choose “I want to integrate UPS shipping capabilities with my business” and choose your TForce Freight account under “Choose an account to associate with this access key” then click “Next”
- Fill out your contact information and review
- Once you’ve completed these steps, you’ll have test credentials from UPS. Return to ShipperHQ and continue with the following steps
Adding TForce Freight in ShipperHQ
- Log into your ShipperHQ account
- Navigate to the Manage Shipping > Carriers dashboard
- Click the + New to add a new carrier
- Click the Live Rate Carrier option
- Use the Search Carriers search bar to type in TForce or scroll down to find TForce Freight from the list of available carriers
- Select TForce Freight
Adding TForce Freight requires the LTL Freight advanced feature. You are prompted with the following steps if you do not have this feature enabled during installation:
- Type in the name of the carrier you want your customers to see. Example: “TForce” or “TForce Freight”
- Click the Continue button
Validating TForce Freight in ShipperHQ
- Click the Enter Credentials button
Note, you can select the Skip & Enter Later option, but the TForce Freight live rates are not enabled until these credentials are entered. You are also reminded to add your credentials if you choose to skip the validation process. This validation is necessary for ShipperHQ to access your shipping account and rates.
- Click the Enter Credentials button once again
- Input your Account Info such as User Name, Password, Access License Number, Payment Terms, Packaging Container, and Unit of Weight into the fields provided. If you already have production credentials, enter them here. Otherwise, enter the test credentials obtained in the steps above.
- Input your Payer details such as Payor Name, Payor Country, States, City, Zip/PostalCode, and Street Address into the fields provided
- Click the Validate button
If validation fails, click the Notify Support button to contact ShipperHQ for further assistance automatically, or click the Try Credentials Again link to attempt to re-enter your credentials.
- If validation is successful and you already had Production Credentials, you can click the toggle button to enable the TForce Freight carrier immediately or click the Configure This Carrier button to change your carrier’s settings first. If you are using Test Credentials continue with these instructions
- Select the Use Sandbox checkbox and click “Save” to apply this change.
The Generate Test Rate checkbox indicates you are now ready to obtain your test rate and register for activation with UPS. You must return and uncheck this checkbox once your registration is activated with UPS.
- Continue with the Steps to Activate Your TForce Freight Production Credentials
Steps to Activate Your TForce Freight Production Credentials
You now have your TForce Freight carrier added in ShipperHQ and you’re ready to obtain production credentials from UPS.
- Navigate to the Manage Shipping > Carriers dashboard
- Ensure TForce Freight is the only carrier enabled
- Select the Test Your Rates link in the left-hand navigation
- Input a Business Address into Shipping To section
- Input a quantity and a freight-sized product weight into the fields provided
- Copy the the TForce Freight rate returned in the results
- Login to the UPS Developer Kit
- Navigate to Access and Administration > Manage Access Keys
- Enter your current Access Key and select Request Production Key
If you are presented with a notification window explaining that production access is not guaranteed and nothing happens when you click continue, please re-try with an alternative web browser. There are reports of this occurring with one web browser, but not another.
- Select Rating – LTL Freight and answer the required questions
- Input the test rate generated earlier into the field provided and click Finish
- Your Test Credentials will now have been converted to Production Credentials, return to your ShipperHQ account to continue
- Navigate to Manage Shipping > Carriers
- Click on your TForce Freight carrier
- Click the View or Update your Credentials link at the very top of the TForce Freight carrier page
- Go through the credentials again and this time uncheck the Generate Test Rate box
The Generate Test Rate checkbox causes TForce to always return a test rate so it’s important to complete this step before using your carrier.
- Validate the TForce Freight carrier
- Your TForce Freight carrier is now enabled and ready for configuration
Test Your Rates
Be sure to use the rate calculator in ShipperHQ to test your rates and make sure that the carriers and rules you have configured work as you expect them. You will be able to see how your rate is calculated and make any necessary adjustments to your carrier settings or rules to modify your rates right from the dashboard.
TForce density-based pricing
If your TForce account requires density-based pricing or you’re getting this error: “Shipper has density pricing. Handling unit dimension required,” then you must check the switch under account settings. Very few TForce Freight accounts require this, and we advise you leave it unchecked unless you see the above error or TForce Freight tell you to check it. TForce describes this feature as: “Density-based rates are discounted based upon product dimensions, rather than freight classifications. Density-based pricing is setup when customers commingle multiple freight classes on shipments.”