This document will outline how you can obtain your Vitran Express Credentials required for ShipperHQ to pull the live rates associated with your Vitran Express Account and how to connect those credentials to ShipperHQ.
Most TFI International companies, including Vitran Express, operate independent shipping rating systems. In addition to Vitran Express, ShipperHQ supports TForce Freight (formerly UPS Freight) and TST-CF Express (formerly TST Overland Express and Canadian Freightways). Contact us if you are interested in using other TFI International LTL or parcel services through ShipperHQ.
Creating the Carrier
The first step is to turn on LTL Freight as an advanced feature. Click Features from the ShipperHQ dashboard (left sidebar), then toggle the switch on the LTL Freight Carriers panel. You will then need to create the carrier.
Adding a live rate carrier from the Marketplace page
- In the ShipperHQ Marketplace, select your desired carrier
- You will need to enable the LTL advanced feature before LTL carriers will be displayed
- You can filter by carrier type or by installation status using the dropdown menus near the search bar
- Next, install and validate a selected carrier by clicking the “install” button directly on the listing or click anywhere else on the listing to view a detailed page with more information about the carrier including information required for validating the carrier.
- Review the required validation elements
- Proceed and enter the required account information as needed.
Note: Successful installation depends on the accurate entry of the account information required by each carrier. If you do not have the correct information you will not be able to validate your carrier or receive live rates.
- Once validation is successful, you can enable your carrier right away or configure it further.
Registering for Credentials
You will not need to add credentials to your ShipperHQ account as ShipperHQ uses table rates in the backend to calculate these rates. But if you would still like to join Vitran you will need to contact a Vitran sales representative at 416-798-4965.