Merchants may want to show Estimated Delivery on Shipping Methods. ShipperHQ Supports showing:
- Shipping Rates only
- Rates with estimated delivery date
- Rates with the estimated time in transit (e.g. 3 days)
- Rates with a Calendar for selecting the date you wish the order to be delivered for (this feature is not available on BigCommerce or Shopify)
We support these time/date options on the following Carriers:
- UPS Freight (estimated transit days only)
- Custom Offline
On This Page
*Note:If you are on Magento 2.x.x and trying to set up Calendar , you will need to email email@example.com and ask for access to private satis repository for ShipperHQ’s module-calendar and module-pickup packages.
In order to enable these features:
1. Under Features tab in left navigation, enable Date & Time from the menu screen (screenshot below)
2. Once enabled, you will see some Feature settings.
To configure your Estimated Delivery Day settings, Go back to Carriers and see “Live Rate Carriers” section below.
- Could not determine Delivery Date message: This is where you can set the message that should appear if an Estimated Delivery Date is not determined.
- Lead Time Overrides Cutoff Time: If set to yes, cutoff time is ignored if a Lead Time has been applied
- Calendar Display Option: How the Calendar should display in Checkout (inline, or Popup). Only supported on Magento 1/2 and Zoey Platforms.
If you are using any form of time in transit capabilities (estimated delivery date/time or a calendar) then its necessary to set up the date based information.
ShipperHQ asks for details on:
- Blackout production days/dates – e.g. when is your factory not producing the goods. This could be set to 0 if you can ship items straight away. A great example is a picture framer who needs 5 days to produce the picture from time of order
- Blackout shipment days/dates – when can the goods be picked up for delivery
- Cut-off time – Whats the cut-off time for this origin to be able to ship goods. Only relevant if shipping on the same day
Live Rate Carriers
1. Under the Live Rate carrier (UPS, FedEx, or Pitney) look for the Calendar panel.
2. Click on the dropdown to choose between displaying Rates-only, Estimated Delivery, Time in Transit, or Calendar (See screenshot.)
NOTE: Calendar not available for BigCommerce or Shopify
3. When Estimated Delivery Date or Estimated Time in Transit are selected, you can update settings around Lead Times, Cut-off Times, or Blackout Dates. For specific details on these settings, visit this article.
4. Save the Carrier
Now your Live Rate Carrier will show Estimated Delivery or Estimated Time in Transit with the Shipping Rates and methods.
Table Rate Carriers
On Table Rate Carriers, you can set Lead Times against your custom shipping methods and set additional Calendar Settings.
In your Table Rate Carrier, under the Basic panel, go to the Shipping Methods section. Edit your methods to add Lead Times. The leads times you set here will affect the Estimated Delivery shown against the method.
After lead times are set against the methods, Save the Carrier. You should now be set to show Estimated Delivery, or estimated Time in Transit against shipping methods.
For more information on customizing the text displayed for your estimated delivery dates and time in transit, read about our explanatory text on the checkout.
Additional Info on Functionality
Read more about setting up Date & Time in ShipperHQ with the articles below:
- Date & Time: Cutoffs, Lead Time, and Blackouts for Delivery Date and Time in Transit
- Day-Based Rules
- Date Rule Configuration
- Hide Shipping Methods on certain Days of the Week