Time slots define the weekdays, hours and increments of time when an order can be picked up or delivered. This can be used for In-Store pickup or a table rate carrier, configured as Local Delivery for example. You can assign time slots to pickup locations or table rate carrier methods configured for local delivery.
Examples of Time Slots
- Only allow In-Store Pickup on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays between 10:00AM and 2:00PM every 30 minutes and allow pickup every 15 minutes between 2:01PM and 8:00PM
- Offer Local Delivery to customers in Columbus between 2:00PM and 5:00PM every 30 minutes
- Offer Home Delivery to customers in Ohio in either a morning or afternoon time slot, between 9:00AM and 1:00PM or 2:00PM and 5:00PM every weekday
Creating a New Time Slot
You will need to turn on Date/Time as an advanced feature to use Time Slots. To do so, go to the Advanced Features tab in the lefthand nav and toggle Delivery Date & Time Feature to ‘Enabled’.
When Date & Time is Enabled, there will be a new Time Slots tab in the left-hand navigation.
- Go to Time Slots in the left navigation
- Enter the name of the time slot – this should explain what the time slot does. For Example: In-Store Pickup MWF
- Set the time slots you have for the shipping options. Enter the Start Time, End Time and Time Slot Interval.
- Proceed to the This Time Slot Applies To section, and select a carrier or carriers your time slot applies to. You will only see table rate or store pickup carriers in the list. These are the only carriers that allow you to use time slots.
- If you only want the rule to apply to certain Zones, you should specify this under Zones (optional).
- Under Days of the Week, select which days you want this rule to cover
- Then Save the time slot.
Under the Advanced panel, you can set a Valid To and Valid From date, if applicable. You can optionally set this Time Slot to override other time slots, and also set the Display as 12-hour rather than 24-hour time.
You have now set a time slot to only allow pickup or delivery during certain times on specified days.