Examples of Date Rules
- Only allow In-Store Pickup on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays between 10:00AM and 2:00PM every 30 minutes and allow pickup every 15 minutes between 2:01PM and 8:00PM
- Offer Local Delivery to customers in Columbus between 2:00PM and 5:00PM every 30 minutes
- Offer Same Day Delivery to customers in Ohio between 2:00PM and 5:00PM every hour
Creating a New Rule
You will need to turn on Date/Time as an advanced feature to use Date Rules. To do so, go to the Features tab in the lefthand nav and toggle Date & Time to ‘Enabled’.
When Date & Time is Enabled, there will be a new Date Rules tab in the nav.
- Go to Date Rules
- Enter the name of the rule – this should explain what the rule does. For Example: In-Store Pickup MWF
- Set the Time Slots you have for the shipping options. Enter the Start Time, End Time and Time Slot Interval.
- Proceed to the Conditions panel, and set the Pickup location or Carriers if you are configuring the rule for.
- If you only want the rule to apply to certain Zones, you should specify this under Restrict to Zones.
- Under Applicable Days, select which days you want this rule to cover.
- Select Add and then Save the rule.
Under the Advanced panel, you can set a Valid To and Valid From date, if applicable. You can optionally set this Date Rule to override other date rules, and also set the Display as 12-hour rather than 24-hour time.
You have now set a rule to only allow pickup or delivery during certain times on specified days.