Time slots define the weekdays, hours and increments of time when an order can be picked up or delivered. This can be used for In-Store pickup or a table rate carrier, configured as Local Delivery for example. You can assign time slots to pickup locations or table rate carrier methods configured for local delivery.
Examples of Time Slots
- Only allow In-Store Pickup on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays between 10:00AM and 2:00PM every 30 minutes and allow pickup every 15 minutes between 2:01PM and 8:00PM
- Offer Local Delivery to customers in Columbus between 2:00PM and 5:00PM every 30 minutes
- Offer Home Delivery to customers in Ohio in either a morning or afternoon time slot, between 9:00AM and 1:00PM or 2:00PM and 5:00PM every weekday
Creating a New Time Slot
You will need to turn on Date/Time as an advanced feature to use Time Slots. To do so, go to the Advanced Features tab in the lefthand nav and toggle Delivery Date & Time Feature to ‘Enabled’.
When Date & Time is Enabled, there will be a new Time Slots tab in the left-hand navigation.
- Go to Time Slots
- Enter the name of the time slot – this should explain what the time slot does. For Example: In-Store Pickup MWF
- Set the Time Slots you have for the shipping options. Enter the Start Time, End Time and Time Slot Interval.
- Proceed to the Conditions panel, and set the Pickup location or Carriers if you are configuring the rule for.
- If you only want the rule to apply to certain Zones, you should specify this under Restrict to Zones.
- Under Applicable Days, select which days you want this rule to cover
- Select Add and then Save the time slot.
Under the Advanced panel, you can set a Valid To and Valid From date, if applicable. You can optionally set this Time Slot to override other time slots, and also set the Display as 12-hour rather than 24-hour time.
You have now set a time slot to only allow pickup or delivery during certain times on specified days.