This document outlines the process to connect your ShippersEdge account to ShipperHQ to obtain live rates associated with your ShippersEdge account.
Before you begin, please ensure you have the following:
- Your ShippersEdge account origin
- Your ShippersEdge API key
- LTL Freight Feature – Adding this carrier requires the LTL Freight Feature enabled either before or during the process described below. Click this link for more information about enabling the LTL Freight Feature.
Steps to Add This Carrier
Now that you have your credentials ready use the steps below to set up ShippersEdge in ShipperHQ.
- Log into your ShipperHQ account.
- Navigate to the Manage Shipping > Carriers dashboard.
- Click the + New to add a new carrier.
- Click the Live Rate Carrier option.
- Use the Search Carriers search bar to type in ShippersEdge or scroll down to find ShippersEdge from the list of available carriers.
- Select ShippersEdge.
- Type in the name of the carrier you want your customers to see. Example: “Shippers Edge” or “Shippers Edge Shipping”.
- Click the Continue button.
Steps to Validate This Carrier
- Click the Enter Credentials button.
- Click the Enter Credentials button once again.
- Select the state from the Origin associated with account drop-down menu.
- Input your Shippers Edge API Key into the API Key field provided.
- Click the Validate button.
- If validation is successful, click the toggle button to enable the Shippers Edge carrier.
- Click the Configure This Carrier button if the validation process was successful.
- Your Shippers Edge carrier is now enabled and ready for configuration.
Freight Shipping Configuration
Use any of the following links to configure your Shippers Edge carrier:
- Setting Weight Thresholds for Oversized Carts
- How to Set Items that Must Ship Freight
- Setting Up Shipping Groups
Use any of the following links for more configuration options:
- Setting Up Shipping Rules
- How to Set Up Packing Rules
- How to Add a Surcharge/Handling Fee to a Carrier