This document outlines the process to set up Saia LTL in ShipperHQ to obtain live rates associated with your Saia account.
On This Page
Before you begin, please ensure you have the following:
- Your SaiaSecure Username
- Your SaiaSecure Password
- Your Saia Account Number
- LTL Freight Feature – Adding this carrier requires the LTL Freight Feature enabled either before or during the process described below. Click this link for more information about enabling the LTL Freight Feature.
Steps to Add This Carrier
Now that you have your credentials ready use the steps below to set up Saia in ShipperHQ.
- Log into your ShipperHQ account.
- Navigate to the Manage Shipping > Carriers dashboard.
- Click the + New to add a new carrier.
- Click the Live Rate Carrier option.
- Use the Search Carriers search bar to type in Saia or scroll down to find Saia LTL Freight from the list of available carriers.
- Select Saia LTL Freight.
- Type in the name of the carrier you want your customers to see. Example: Saia or Saia Freight.
- Click the Continue button.
Steps to Validate This Carrier
- Click the Enter Credentials button.
- Click the Enter Credentials button once again.
- Input your SaiaSecure username as User ID, Password, and Account Number into the fields provided.
- Select the Billing Terms for your account
- Select the Business Role for your account
- Click the Validate button.
- If validation is successful, click the toggle button to enable the Saia carrier.
- Click the Configure This Carrier button if the validation process was successful.
- Your Saia LTL Freight carrier is now enabled and ready for configuration.
Freight Shipping Configuration
Use any of the following links to configure your Saia LTL Freight carrier:
- Setting Weight Thresholds for Oversized Carts
- How to Set Items that Must Ship Freight
- Setting Up Shipping Groups
Use any of the following links for more configuration options:
- Setting Up Shipping Rules
- How to Set Up Packing Rules
- How to Add a Surcharge/Handling Fee to a Carrier