This document will cover how to create a Keystone Dedicated Logistics (KDL) account and how to install and validate that account in ShipperHQ.
On This Page
A Registered account with KDL and your Username and Password for API credentials are all that’s necessary to begin receiving live rates.
Registering for Keystone Dedicated Logistics API credentials
- Establish an account with KDL by contacting their designated customer service team for a freight brokerage quote, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 877-535-7717.
- You’ll need to contact Keystone Dedicated Logistics to obtain your API credentials for validation.
Steps To Add This Carrier
- Go to the Carriers page in the ShipperHQ dashboard
- Click + New to add a new carrier
- Select Live Rate Carrier
- Search for and select KDL
- Name this carrier (this name will be the name your customers see in the Checkout.)
- Success! Your carrier has now been added to your list of carriers in ShipperHQ.
- You may now proceed to Validate your carrier (instructions are in the following section), or you can skip this step and choose to validate your carrier at another time. If you choose to skip validation you can begin to configure your carrier’s settings right away.
Steps to Validate This Carrier
In order for your live rate carrier to access your live rates, you will need to enter your carrier account credentials for KDL and have them validated.
Validation, simply means that ShipperHQ was able to access the shipping account related to the credentials that you entered and retrieve rates.
If you choose to skip validation after adding your new carrier you will be reminded to add your credentials later.
To Validate your Carrier:
- Select Enter Credentials & Validate
- Review the information required to validate and Continue. The information listed here should be the credentials you received when you created an Echo account.
- Enter your credentials and click Validate
Note: Successful installation depends on the accurate entry of the account information required by KDL. If you do not have the correct information you will not be able to validate your carrier and receive live rates.
- If validation is successful, you will be presented with:
- The option to enable your carrier right away. (Enabling your carrier at this time will turn its rates on immediately even before you have made any configuration adjustments to it.)
- Begin to configure. Continuing with this button will take you to the carrier’s configuration page. You can also enable the carrier from this page once you have saved your settings.
- If validation fails, the credentials you have already entered will still be saved so they will populate the form when you return. You can:
- Choose to try validation again and double-check that the information you entered is correct.
- Skip validation for now and complete it later. You will be reminded to complete validation later to get rates.
- Contact us if you are struggling to validate your carrier and you believe the credentials you are using are correct. We will be happy to help get you validated.