This document will cover how to create a Keystone Dedicated Logistics (KDL) API Username and Password. The instructions below will tell you where to go and how to get them.
Creating the Carrier
The first step is to turn on LTL Freight as an advanced feature. Click Features from the ShipperHQ dashboard (left sidebar), then toggle the switch on the LTL Freight Carriers panel. You will then need to create the carrier.
Adding a live rate carrier from the Marketplace page
- In the ShipperHQ Marketplace, select your desired carrier
- You will need to enable the LTL advanced feature before LTL carriers will be displayed
- You can filter by carrier type or by installation status using the dropdown menus near the search bar
- Next, install and validate a selected carrier by clicking the “install” button directly on the listing or click anywhere else on the listing to view a detailed page with more information about the carrier including information required for validating the carrier.
- Review the required validation elements
- Proceed and enter the required account information as needed.
Note: Successful installation depends on the accurate entry of the account information required by each carrier. If you do not have the correct information you will not be able to validate your carrier or receive live rates.
- Once validation is successful, you can enable your carrier right away or configure it further.
Registering for Keystone Dedicated Logistics API credentials
- You’ll need to contact Keystone Dedicated Logistics to obtain your API credentials for validation.
Adding Credentials to your Carrier
You have already created the KDL Freight carrier in ShipperHQ, now you need to go back and add the credentials.
- Go to the carriers page in the ShipperHQ dashboard
- Since you have already created the carrier, you will next need to edit it
- Click on the “Update Credentials” link on the top. That will bring you to the Validation screen.
- Click “Begin Validation” in the KDL Install screen and enter your User ID, Password, and the origin associated with the account.
- ShipperHQ will indicate if validation is successful.
- Click “Configure This Carrier” on the validation popup to select your methods and set your XPO settings.