This document will cover how to create a Keystone Dedicated Logistics (KDL) API Username and Password. The instructions below will tell you where to go and how to get them.
Create a Keystone Dedicated Logistics Carrier
The first step is to turn on LTL Freight as an advanced feature. Click Features from the ShipperHQ dashboard (left sidebar), then toggle the switch on the LTL Freight Carriers panel. You will then need to create the carrier.
- Click on Carriers in the left-hand navbar
- Click the Add New button to add a new carrier
- Select “Freight LTL” from the Carrier Type select
- Select “Keystone Dedicated Logistics” from the Carrier select
- Enter the name you want to use for this carrier in the Carrier Name field (e.g. “KDL”)
- Click Create Carrier
Register for Keystone Dedicated Logistics API credentials
- You’ll need to contact Keystone Dedicated Logistics to obtain your API credentials for validation.
Add Credentials to Keystone Dedicated Logistics Carrier
- Go to the carriers page in the ShipperHQ dashboard.
- Since you have already created the carrier, you will now need to edit it.
- Go to the Account Settings section
- Enter the API User name, Password, Customer Number and Contact ID (all are provided by Keystone Dedicated Logistics)
- “Validate Credentials against Carrier” should be checked. And if you would like to use Negotiated rates this will need to be checked as well.