This document outlines the process to set up Uber Freight (formerly Transplace) in ShipperHQ to obtain live rates associated with your Uber Freight account. ShipperHQ currently supports Uber Freight’s LTL freight functionality formerly named Transplace.
Before you begin, please ensure you have the following:
- ShipperHQ LTL Freight feature enabled
- Your Uber Freight API Key
- Your Uber Freight API Secret Key
If you don’t have an account with Uber Freight you will need to set up an account with Uber Freight before installing in ShipperHQ.
Adding Transplace Freight
Now that you have your credentials ready, use the steps below to set up Transplace Freight in ShipperHQ.
- Log into your ShipperHQ account and click on Carriers in the navbar
- Click + New to add a new carrier
- Choose the Live Rate Carrier option
- Use Search Carriers to search for Transplace Freight or scroll down to find Transplace Freight from the list of available carriers
- Select Transplace Freight
Adding Transplace Freight requires the LTL Freight advanced feature. You are prompted with the following steps if you do not have this feature enabled during installation:
- Click the toggle button to enable the LTL Freight feature
- Click the Continue button
- Type in the name you want your customers to see, for example “Transplace Freight” or “Freight Shipping”
- Click the Continue button
Transplace Freight has been added to your ShipperHQ account! You can now continue to connect to your Transplace Freight account and start getting live rates.
Connecting to Your Uber Freight Account
- Click the Enter Credentials button
Skip & Enter Later
You can select Skip & Enter Later if you don’t want to enter credentials now, but Uber Freight live rates won’t be available until credentials are entered and validated.
- Click the Enter Credentials button once again.
- Input your Uber Freight API Key into the API Key field.
- Input your Uber Freight API Secret Key into the Password field.
- Click the Validate button
If validation fails, double check the credentials you’re using then click the Try Credentials Again link to attempt to re-enter your credentials. You can also review our Troubleshooting Carrier Authentication Errors doc for additional steps.
- If validation is successful, you can click the Enable toggle to start showing Transplace rates right away or click the Configure This Carrier button if you want to make some configuration changes first.
Freight Shipping Configuration
Use any of the following links to configure Transplace in ShipperHQ:
- Setting Weight Thresholds for Oversized Carts
- How to Set Items that Must Ship Freight
- Setting Up Shipping Groups
Use any of the following links for more configuration options:
- Setting Up Shipping Rules
- How to Set Up Packing Rules
- How to Add a Surcharge/Handling Fee to a Carrier