This document outlines the process to connect your Oak Harbor account to ShipperHQ to obtain live rates associated with your Oak Harbor account.
On This Page
Before you begin, please ensure you have the following:
- Your Oak Harbor Account Email
- Your Oak Harbor Account Key
- LTL Freight Feature – Adding this carrier requires the LTL Freight Feature enabled either before or during the process described below. Click this link for more information about enabling the LTL Freight Feature.
Steps to Add This Carrier
Now that you have your credentials ready use the steps below to set up Oak Harbor in ShipperHQ.
- Log into your ShipperHQ account.
- Navigate to the Manage Shipping > Carriers dashboard.
- Click the + New to add a new carrier.
- Click the Live Rate Carrier option.
- Use the Search Carriers search bar to type in Oak Harbor or scroll down to find Oak Harbor from the list of available carriers.
- Select Oak Harbor.
- Type in the name of the carrier you want your customers to see. Example: “Oak Harbor” or “Oak Harbor Freight Shipping”.
- Click the Continue button.
Steps to Validate This Carrier
- Click the Enter Credentials button.
- Click the Enter Credentials button once again.
- Input your Oak Harbor Account Email and Account Key into the fields provided.
- Select the Payment Terms from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Business Role from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Validate button.
- If validation is successful, click the toggle button to enable the Oak Harbor carrier.
- Click the Configure This Carrier button if the validation process was successful.
- Your Oak Harbor carrier is now enabled and ready for configuration.
Freight Shipping Configuration
Use any of the following links to configure your Oak Harbor carrier:
- Setting Weight Thresholds for Oversized Carts
- How to Set Items that Must Ship Freight
- Setting Up Shipping Groups
Use any of the following links for more configuration options:
- Setting Up Shipping Rules
- How to Set Up Packing Rules
- How to Add a Surcharge/Handling Fee to a Carrier