This document will outline how to setup the following carriers:
- Australian Post/eParcel
Australia Post Setup
The first step is to create a new Australia Post carrier in ShipperHQ.
- Click on Carriers in the left-hand navbar
- Click the Add New button to add a new carrier
- Enter the name you want to use for this carrier in the Carrier Name field (e.g. “Australia Post”)
- Select “Small Package” from the Carrier Type select
- Select “Australia Post” from the Carrier select
- Click Create Carrier
Register for Australia Post Carrier
- Go to the Australia Post Developer Centre, create an account and register for the Shipping and Tracking APIs
- Once you receive an API invitation email, you will be required to accept the invitation, including the Terms and Conditions
- Log into the Developer Centre
- Create a new project, choose your charge account and assign it to the project. This will allow you to create API keys and will automatically link to your Australia Post Account
- Create an API key on the API Access page and then go to the services page to enable the services you want to use
Add Credentials to ShipperHQ
You have already created the Australia Post carrier in ShipperHQ, now you need to go back and add the credentials.
- Go to Carriers page and edit the Australia Post carrier
- In the Account settings section you enter the Account number (provided by Australia Post) and API key (also provided by Australia Post)
- Ensure you check the Validate Credentials against Carrier option
eParcel Special Note
Australia Post eParcel requires at least two of the dimensions (length, width height) to be a minimum of 5 inches, otherwise the carrier will return an error.
In order for dimensions to be passed to the carrier the Dimensional Shipping Feature must be enabled.
To use a default box, after enabling the Dimensional Shipping feature, create a new box of 5x5x0 with no maximum weight. Next, navigate back to the eParcel carrier and, under Package Settings set the “Default Packing Box” to the newly-created box. This will meet the minimum dimensions for all products, regardless of whether the products have dimensions.
- Add a new carrier as above, selecting Fastway
- Register for your Fastway API Key
- Create a shipper account by contacting a local Fastway sales representative
- Once approved Fastway will provide you with a Production username and API key
- Enter these credentials and validate the carrier is working
The setup for Startrack is the same as above, you just need to get account credentials.
- Call Startrack on 13 2345 to set up an account with a representative. If you have an account and want to use online services you must already be a Star Track Express account holding customer.
- Once you have an account, Go to StarTrack’s online registration form and fill in all required information.
*If you have any questions or need any help call Starktrack 1800 028 361