This document will outline how to setup StarTrack in ShipperHQ. You will need certain credentials that will allow ShipperHQ to connect to the StarTrack servers and obtain a rate quote. This article covers gathering the info you need, installing the carrier, and info on how to best manage your connection between ShipperHQ and StarTrack.
On This Page
Follow these directions to obtain:
- A registered account with StarTrack
- The process for registering is below
- Your Password
- Your Account Number
- Your User Name (Key)
Register for Australia Post Carrier Credentials
- Go to the Australia Post Developer Centre, create an account. Note: If already registered, or have a MyPost account, please login with those details.
- Register for the Shipping & Tracking APIs with your StarTrack account number.
- Click on the ‘Register your interest today’ link.
- Ensure you specify your account number(s), separated by commas (you can specify a large list in the comments field in the last step)
- If you are adding account(s) to an existing key, please specify this including the key you wish the account(s) to be added to, in the comments field in the last step
- Specify your platform partner as “ShipperHQ” in the second step of the registration process
- Wait for confirmation email and then follow the steps as provided
Steps To Add This Carriers
- Go to the Carriers page in the ShipperHQ dashboard
- Click + New to add a new carrier
- Select Live Rate Carrier
- Search for and select the carrier you want to add
- Name this carrier (this name will be the name your customers see in the Checkout.)
- Success! This carrier has now been added to your list of carriers in ShipperHQ.
- You may now proceed to Validate your StarTrack carrier (instructions are in the following section), or you can skip this step and choose to validate your carrier at another time. If you choose to skip validation you can begin to configure your carrier’s settings right away.
Steps to Validate This Carrier
In order for your live rate carrier to access your live rates, you will need to enter your carrier account credentials for the carrier and have them validated.
Validation, simply means that ShipperHQ was able to access the shipping account related to the credentials that you entered and retrieve rates.
If you choose to skip validation after adding your new carrier you will be reminded to add your credentials later.
- To validate, select Enter Credentials & Validate
- Enter the required StarTrack credentials and select a Packaging Container if necessary.
- Click Continue when complete.
- If validation is successful, you will be presented with:
- The option to enable your carrier right away. (Enabling your carrier at this time will turn its rates on immediately even before you have made any configuration adjustments to it.)
- Begin to configure. Continuing with this button will take you to the carrier’s configuration page. You can also enable the carrier from this page once you have saved your settings.
- Alternatively, if validation fails, see our troubleshooting section below for help. Also, remember, you can skip your validation for now and continue to configure your carrier. The credentials that you have already entered will be saved and you will be reminded later to validate your carrier.
Your carrier can be installed and configured, but not validated. Successful validation depends on the accurate entry of the account information required by each carrier. If you do not have the correct information you will not be able to validate your carrier and receive live rates.