On This Page
This document will cover how to add Sendle to your ShipperHQ account. The instructions below will tell you where to go and how to get the necessary credentials to connect directly to Sendle’s API and retrieve live shipping rates.
Currently, ShipperHQ merchants can use Sendle for delivery rating for United States and Australia origins. United States domestic delivery and Australia domestic and international delivery rating avaialable.
A Sendle ID and API Key will also be required, follow the instructions below to obtain or create a new account.
Register for Sendle API credentials
- You’ll need to go to the Sendle account sign up page to create a new account. Complete the signup form and click ‘Get my free account.’ (If you already have an account with Sendle click “Login”)
- From the Sendle Dashboard visit the Settings tab in the sidebar.
- Visit your Integrations tab to get your Sendle ID and API Key.
- You will need these during carrier setup below, please copy and store in a safe place.
Steps To Add This Carrier
- Go to the carriers page in the ShipperHQ dashboard
- Click + New to add a new carrier
- Select Live Rate Carrier
- Search for and select Sendle
- Name this carrier (this name will be the name your customers see in the Checkout).
- Success! Sendle has now been added to your list of carriers in ShipperHQ.
- You may now proceed to Validate your Sendle carrier (instructions are in the following section), or you can skip this step and choose to validate your carrier at another time. If you choose to skip validation you can begin to configure your carrier’s settings right away.
Steps to Validate This Carrier
In order for your live rate carrier to access your live rates, you will need to enter your carrier account credentials for Sendle and have them validated.
Validation, simply means that ShipperHQ was able to access the shipping account related to the credentials that you entered and retrieve rates.
If you choose to skip validation after adding your new carrier you will be reminded to add your credentials later.
To Validate your Sendle account:
- Select Enter Credentials & Validate
- Review the information required to validate, which is:
- Sendle ID
- API Key
Note: Successful installation depends on the accurate entry of the account information required by Sendle. If you do not have the correct information you will not be able to validate your carrier and receive live rates.
- Once you have these credentials click Continue
- Enter your account credentials
- If validation is successful, you will be presented with:
- The option to enable your carrier right away. (Enabling your carrier at this time will turn its rates on immediately even before you have made any configuration adjustments to it.)
- Begin to configure. Continuing with this button will take you to the carrier’s configuration page. You can also enable the carrier from this page once you have saved your settings.
Sendle not showing at checkout
Sendle will only show for orders that originate from within the United States or Australia. United States origins can ship domestically and Australia origins can ship domestic and internationally. If your products aren’t shipping from one of these countries, Sendle will not be available for your customer at checkout.
Installed but not validated
Your carrier can be installed and configured, but not validate. Successful validation depends on the accurate entry of the account information required by each carrier. If you do not have the correct information you will not be able to validate your carrier and receive live rates.