Before getting rates back on a UPS Freight carrier in ShipperHQ, you’ll need to go through a process enforced by UPS to activate your UPS Freight credentials.
This document will walk you through the process of obtaining your UPS Freight credentials, running them through the UPS Freight Test process, and activating your UPS Freight carrier in ShipperHQ.
Obtaining UPS Freight Account & Setting Up your Carrier
To get rates from UPS Freight using ShipperHQ, you must have a UPS Freight test account. This is separate to your standard UPS account.
- Ensure you have a UPS XML Key and credentials
- Register for a test account on the UPS Freight site.
- If you haven’t done so already, create a UPS Freight carrier in ShipperHQ
- In the Account Settings panel of your UPS Freight carrier, enter your UPS Freight credentials and check the “Generate Test Rate” checkbox.
- Save your UPS Freight carrier in ShipperHQ
You now have your UPS Freight account set up in ShipperHQ to run through the UPS Freight account Test process.
With “Generate Test Rate” checked on your UPS Freight carrier in ShipperHQ, you’re now ready to obtain your test rate and register for activation with UPS.
Activating your UPS Freight credentials
In the next steps you’ll generate the required test rate and enter it on the UPS Freight website to activate your account.
- Disable all other carriers in ShipperHQ (if any) leaving only the UPS Freight carrier enabled
- On your website, add any product to your shopping cart and obtain a shipping rate using a Business address
- The UPS Freight rate you see is the UPS Freight Test Rate referenced above. Note this rate and continue with the process below.
- Login to the UPS Developer Kit
- Navigate to Access and Administration->Manage Access Keys
- Enter your current Access Key and select Request Production KeyNB: If you are presented with a notification window explaining that production access is not guaranteed and nothing happens when you click continue please re-try with an alternative web browser. We have had reports of this occurring with one web browser but not another.
- Select Rating-Ground Freight API
- Answer questions as appropriate
- Enter the Rate Value using the Total Shipment Charge obtained from the XML response.
- Log back into ShipperHQ, uncheck “Generate Test Rate” on your UPS Freight carrier, and save your UPS Freight carrier
- If you disabled any other carriers when generating your test rate, you can now reenable them
You now have production access to the UPS Freight API and can continue setting up your UPS Freight carrier in ShipperHQ. We appreciate this is confusing for some but the constraints here are made by UPS, and not us.