This document will outline how you can obtain your ABF Credentials required for ShipperHQ to pull the live rates associated with your ABF Freight Account.
On This Page
Create an ABF Freight Carrier
The first step is to turn on LTL Freight as an advanced feature. Click Features from the ShipperHQ dashboard (left sidebar), then toggle the switch on the LTL Freight Carriers panel. You will then need to create the carrier.
- Click on Carriers in the left-hand navbar
- Click the Add New button to add a new carrier
- Enter the name you want to use for this carrier in the Carrier Name field (e.g. “ABF Freight”)
- Select “LTL Freight” from the Carrier Type select
- Select “ABF” from the Carrier select
- Click Create Carrier
Register for ABF Freight Account
- Go to ABF Registration Page and fill out the form to request a password.
- You will be provided with a password which is generated by ABF weekdays between 8AM and 4PM CST
- You can then access your desktop where you can manage your shipping.
*If you have any questions or need any help getting credentials you can contact your ABF account manager or ABF Help Desk at 479-785-8900
Add Credentials to ShipperHQ
You have already created the ABF Freight carrier in ShipperHQ, now you need to go back and add the credentials.
- Go to Carriers page and edit the ABF Freight carrier
- In the Account settings section you will need to add your credentials
- Enter the Secure ID (provided by ABF Freight).
- Make sure you check the Validate Credentials against Carrier option
NMFC and Sub Class Required Per Item
Some ABF accounts require the NMFC, sub class and freight class to be defined per item. If your account requires this (you will get an error to this effect when requesting rates) then you will need to add the “shipperhq_nmfc_class” and “shipperhq_nmfc_sub” to your Magento attribute sets. You will also need to populate the freight_class attribute per item.