This article will cover:
- How to obtain your ABF Credentials required for ShipperHQ to pull the live rates associated with your ABF Freight Account.
- Steps to install ABF in ShipperHQ
- Steps to validate your ABF account credentials in ShipperHQ to ensure you can access your rates.
When setting up your ABF carrier in ShipperHQ, you’ll need certain account credentials that will allow ShipperHQ to access your live rates with ABF. The following steps will walk you through the directions to obtain/set-up the necessary credentials.
Register for ABF Freight Account
- Go to ABF Registration Page and fill out the form to request a password.
- You will be provided with a password which is generated by ABF weekdays between 8AM and 4PM CST
- You can then access your desktop where you can manage your shipping.
*If you have any questions or need any help getting credentials contact your ABF account manager or the ABF Help Desk at 479-785-8900
Steps To Add This Carrier
- Go to the Carriers page in the ShipperHQ dashboard
- Click + New to add a new carrier
- Select Live Rate Carrier
- Search for and select ABF Freight
- Name this carrier (this name will be the name your customers see in the Checkout.)
- Success! Your carrier has now been added to your list of carriers in ShipperHQ.
- You may now proceed to Validate your carrier (instructions are in the following section), or you can skip this step and choose to validate your carrier at another time. If you choose to skip validation you can begin to configure your carrier’s settings right away.
Steps to Validate This Carrier
In order for your live rate carrier to access your live rates, you will need to enter your carrier account credentials for ABF and have them validated.
Validation, simply means that ShipperHQ was able to access the shipping account related to the credentials that you entered and retrieve rates.
If you choose to skip validation after adding your new carrier you will be reminded to add your credentials later.
To Validate your Carrier:
- Select Enter Credentials & Validate
- Review the information required to validate and Continue. The information listed here should be the credentials you received when you created an ABF account.
- Enter your credentials and click Validate
Note: Successful installation depends on the accurate entry of the account information required by ABF. If you do not have the correct information you will not be able to validate your carrier and receive live rates.
- If validation is successful, you will be presented with:
- The option to enable your carrier right away. (Enabling your carrier at this time will turn its rates on immediately even before you have made any configuration adjustments to it.)
- Begin to configure. Continuing with this button will take you to the carrier’s configuration page. You can also enable the carrier from this page once you have saved your settings.
- If validation fails, the credentials you have already entered will still be saved so they will populate the form when you return. You can:
- Choose to try validation again and double-check that the information you entered is correct.
- Skip validation for now and complete it later. You will be reminded to complete validation later to get rates.
- Contact us if you are struggling to validate your carrier and you believe the credentials you are using are correct. We will be happy to help get you validated.
Under the Basic tab > Account Settings section you can determine if you prefer to rate with Volumetric Pricing API or not, by checking the box. This feature does require that Dimensional Packing be enabled.
NMFC and Sub Class Required Per Item
Some ABF accounts require the NMFC, sub class and freight class to be defined per item. If your account requires this (you will get an error to this effect when requesting rates) then you can either
- add the “shipperhq_nmfc_class” and “shipperhq_nmfc_sub” to your Magento attribute sets. You will also need to populate the freight_class attribute per item.
- Use shipping groups to assign freight classes and NMFC Classes