This article covers tips to troubleshoot Shopify common issues and how to resolve common discrepancies.
Shipping Properties not being sent in the rate request
Check your Permissions
If shipping properties are not sent in the request please ensure that the store has been authorised for ShipperHQ and permissions have been granted for the app.
Shipping groups, dimensional groups, origins and other product shipping properties used by ShipperHQ require additional permissions for the app to read the data stored on the products.
This Shopify article details how to add the necessary permissions.
Check your Product Data
Product L, W, H, shipping groups, dimensional rules, and origin assignments for ShipperHQ need to be set in specific metafields in Shopify. This ShipperHQ article details where those attributes need to be set.
Please see the rate discrepancies guide.
No Rates on Checkout
Not seeing the ShipperHQ methods in the cart
Within the shipping rates configuration section of your store, ShipperHQ needs to be applicable to your shipping zones.
Seeing rates in most cases, but in some orders no rates return
If you’re not seeing rates return for some orders, it might be due to a product in the cart, the destination used, or something else in the order. To troubleshoot this:
- Check your Carrier’s Display Restriction settings in ShipperHQ to ensure you allow rates to the destination.
- Check your Carrier Rules to see if any Hide Rules are being flagged to prevent methods from showing.
- If any item is part of a Shipping Group, check that the shipping group isn’t restricted to certain methods or zones.
Testing Shipping Rates
Within the ShipperHQ dashboard, the Rate Calculator section allows you to see your current configuration in action by testing different destinations and combinations of items. Simply enter the destination address and item details and you will be able to see the same results that your customers would get, similarly to a cart estimator.
Submit a Ticket to ShipperHQ
If you’ve reviewed the above and are still seeing issues with your rates, complete the below steps to submit a ticket with us and we’ll be glad to take a look:
- Turn on Diagnostic Logging in ShipperHQ under Account Settings > Global Settings > Diagnostic Settings
- Reproduce the cart where you found the error, using the same product(s), quantity, and destination.
- Take a screenshot of the cart.
- Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the screenshot, description of the issue, and details on the expected result if it would’ve been correct.