When corresponding with the ShipperHQ support team, it’s often useful to be able to point us to a specific shipping quote that didn’t match your expectations. We have significant internal logging in ShipperHQ and each shipping quote request is tied to a unique ID we call a “Transaction ID” or” Quote ID”. By providing this ID to our team, we can look at the exact shipping quote request where you spotted something unexpected and see all the additional logging around that.
On This Page
If you are unable to retrieve rates in BigCommerce, or the rates are not as you expect, then you should follow the following steps:
- Check that you have “Shipping From Address” set in BigCommerce. Without this, you will not see any rates returned from ShipperHQ
- Check that you have correctly specified the relevant origin/shipping group/dimensional rules as appropriate on your products (Note: none of these are mandatory)
- Simplify the problem down to the least amount of items in the cart
- Look at the Logs under
Server Settings->Store logsand look at the “Internal Error Message if present. You can then look this error message up to see what is causing your issue
*Note: You will need to click the + sign to expand out the log request from ShipperHQ as seen in the picture below
If you are still unable to resolve the issue, contact ShipperHQ support for assistance. Please bear in mind there may be a delay in answering your call depending on time of day.
Finding a Quote ID
- In your BigCommerce Dashboard, go to Server Settings > Store Logs
- The Transaction/Quote ID (see Finding a Transaction ID/Quote ID in BigCommerce) is shown within the ShipperHQ-related logs. Ex. look for something like ‘SHQ_REQUEST_20160825_0254_XXX.07488531’
Understanding Store Logs
- Here is where you can see the items in the cart, including the weight and dimensions that are being passed over to the carrier(s).
- Here is where you can see the rates being returned by the carriers. In this example, I have a single flat rate carrier as well as a UPS Access Point carrier.
- This is where you can find the packing details for the order. Here, you can see how ShipperHQ is packing the shipment. It’s useful to reference this section if you ever encounter a rate discrepancy.
- Lastly, here is where any potential shipping errors will appear. Oftentimes, the error can outright denote what the issue is, allowing you to quickly identify and resolve the issue. If you’re unable to resolve the issue, please contact support using the steps below.
Contacting ShipperHQ Support
If you contact ShipperHQ support, please pass us the following information:
- Store URL
- BigCommerce store admin URL (shown in your browser after you login)
- Description of problem
- Steps to reproduce
- The Quote ID if available
- The complete response from ShipperHQ (as shown in
Server Settings->Store logs):
- Email this information to email@example.com
Trouble launching app?
This could be because your computer does not allow 3rd party cookies. Please refer to this document to resolve the issue.
You may also have trouble accessing the ShipperHQ app in your BigCommerce dashboard if you are not logged in as the BigCommerce Store Owner. ShipperHQ should be installed by the Store Owner and then the Owner can use Multi-User App Permissions in the BigCommerce dashboard to allow other users to access ShipperHQ.