Say you want to hide a certain shipping method when the weight is over X Lbs/Kgs, or when order price is over a certain amount.
For this doc, we’re using the example of hiding methods over 350lbs.
Pre-requisites: Ensure you have your Carrier set up with shipping methods selected/defined.
Part 1: Create your Filter
- Click Filters on the dashboard navbar and add a new filter.
- Give it a relevant name (i.e. Cart over 350lbs)
- Under Filter Applies To select “Whole Cart”
- In the Filters panel, select “Range” for the Weight, Price, or Quantity filters (depending on what your threshold is). In our case, we’re setting Weight to “Range”.
- Enter a Min and Max value for your filter. If you have no max, then use the No Max checkbox. In our example, we’re setting a min of 350 on weight, and checking No Max.
You now have a filter set up which will match against an order total with more than 350 weight in the cart.
Part 2: Create your Rule
- Click on Carrier Rules on the navbar and Add New.
- Enter a descriptive Name (e.g. “Hide 2day air when weight is over 350lbs”)
- In the “Applicable Shipping Methods” panel, select “2day air” (and every other method that you want hidden when the order is over your threshold).
- In the “Conditions” panel, under Weight/Price/Quantity Filters, select the Filter you just set up. For our example, we’re selecting the Over 350lbs filter.
- In the Actions panel and the Rule Action section, choose “Hide all shipping methods”.
ShipperHQ will now hide 2day air when the weight is over 350.