Say you want to hide a certain shipping method when the weight is over X Lbs/Kgs, or when order price is over a certain amount.
For this doc, we’re using the example of hiding methods over 350lbs.
This document assumed you already have your Carrier set up with shipping methods selected/defined.
Part 1: Create your Filter
- Click Filters on the dashboard navbar and add a new filter.
- Give it a relevant name (i.e. Cart over 350lbs)
- Under Filter Applies To select “Whole Cart”
- Select “Range” for the Weight, Price, or Quantity filters (depending on what your threshold is). In our case, we’re setting Weight to “Range”.
- Enter a Min and Max value for your filter. If you have no max, then use the No Max checkbox. In our example, we’re setting a min of 350 on weight, and checking No Max.
You now have a filter set up which will match against an order total with more than 350 weight in the cart.
Part 2: Create your Rule
- Click on Shipping Rules on the navbar and Add New.
- In the Basic panel, give it a descriptive Name (e.g. “Hide 2day air when weight is over 350lbs”)
- In the Shipping Methods panel, select “2day air” (and every other method that you want hidden when the order is over your threshold).
- In the Actions panel and the Rule Action section, choose “Hide my selected shipping methods”
- In the Conditions panel, under Weight/Price/Quantity Is, select the Filter you just set up. For our example, we’re selecting the Over 350lbs filter.
- Save and test your rule
ShipperHQ will now hide 2day air when the weight is over 350.
Verify that your carriers and rules are working and see how they will display in your checkout right from the ShipperHQ dashboard.