Say you want to show your flat rate method only when certain products are in the cart. This doc instructs how to set this up.
The setup for this requires looking at things in terms of “when do I want to hide this Flat rate carrier?”. In other words, the rule will be set to hide the flat rate whenever the specific items are not present.
- Create a shipping group and name it (“FLAT” for example). Don’t worry about advanced conditions.
- In the ShipperHQ Dashboard, go to Shipping Rules > Add New
- Give your rule whatever name you’d like. (e.g. Hide Flat Rate when FLAT not in cart).
- In the Shipping Methods section, under Custom Shipping Methods Assigned, add your flat rate method.
- In the Actions panel, find the Action to Perform dropdown and set it to “Hide my seleceted Shipping Methods”
- In the Conditions tab, select your FLAT shipping group in the Shipping Groups do NOT include dropdown.
- Save and test your rule
Assign Products to their Shipping Groups
Be sure to assign your relevant products to the new group before you test.
Test Your Rates
Verify that your carriers and rules are working and see how they will display in your checkout right from the ShipperHQ dashboard.