Say you want to show your flat rate method only when certain products are in the cart. This doc instructs how to set this up.
The setup for this requires looking at things in terms of “when do I want to hide this Flat rate carrier?”. In other words, the rule will be set to hide the flat rate whenever the specific items are not present.
- Create a shipping group and name it (“FLAT” for example). Don’t worry about advanced conditions.
- In the ShipperHQ Dashboard, go to Carrier Rules > Add New
- Give your rule whatever name you’d like. (e.g. Hide Flat Rate when FLAT not in cart).
- In the “Applicable Shipping methods” panel, highlight your flat rate method.
- In the “Conditions” panel, select your FLAT shipping group in the Excludes these Shipping groups dropdown. (see screenshot below)
- In the actions section, make sure you have it set to “hide” shipping methods.
Assign Products to their Shipping Groups
Be sure to assign your relevant products to the new group before you test.