If you would like to show a simple, flat rate method when only certain products are in the cart, the guide below will provide details on how to set this up.
This process will require three components; a Flat Rate Carrier, a Shipping Group & a Hide Rule.
- A Flat Rate carrier. Please see the process outlined here for creating a flat rate carrier in your ShipperHQ account.
- A Shipping Group can be created before or during the rule creation. If one exists already, it can easily be assigned while setting up any new shipping rule. More details on creating and editing Shipping Groups can be found here.
1. To create the new shipping rule, navigate to the “Shipping Rules” option in the left-hand navigation menu.
2. Click “Add New” to create a new shipping rule.
3. Select Hide Methods for the action you would like the rule to perform.
4. Choose all shipping methods to be used in this hide rule from a list of all available shipping methods except for the Flat Rate option.
5. Click the option to use “Shipping Groups” for the rule condition & then click “Continue” to proceed to the next step.
6. Select the shipping group to be used in this rule.
If you have not yet created the shipping group, there is an option to do so here by selecting “I Want to Create a New Shipping Group.“
7. Once the shipping group has been added, you will be presented with a summary of the new shipping rule.
Be sure to add a title for the new rule so that it can be easily identified in the shipping rules list and when testing.
8. Click “Finish” to save the new rule. This will apply the rule immediately.
Once the rule has been created, we recommend using the “Test your Rates” feature to confirm the new rule is working as intended.
The shipping rule configuration outlined here will result in Flat Rate Shipping ($10) being the only method presented when the designated shipping group is in the cart.
When products under the “Flat Rate $10” shipping group are not in the cart, all other methods will be displayed.
Assign Products to their Shipping Groups
Be sure to assign your relevant products to the new group before you test.
Verify that your carriers and rules are working and see how they will display in your checkout right from the ShipperHQ dashboard.Learn More