The Matrixrates shipping extension provides the original multiple table rate shipping calculation solution for Magento websites, allowing shipping rates to be calculated using the following criteria:
- Weight, Price or # Items
A multiple table rate solution allows the Magento administrator to define multiple possible shipping rates to display to a customer. For example, let’s say you want to offer Standard and Next Day Delivery, with different prices to UK and Europe. Matrixrates meets this need.
- Completely CSV driven, no coding required to change prices, add rates, etc
- Allows multiple postage rates to be displayed for the customer to choose in particular country/city/region/ZIP code/condition range, where condition can be weight, price or #items
- ZIP code based filtering. Can either use the basic “starts with” criteria, or more complex pattern matching
- Support for numerical ZIP code ranges – e.g. specify a price that applies to all postcodes within the range 9755-9999
- To be able to specify an upper and lower boundary for price, weight, or item vs destination rates
The management of shipping rates is done via a CSV file, which is uploaded to the database. Shipping calculations are then done via sql searches, providing efficient results.
Features not in this Extension
- Show error message if no rates found in checkout
- Free shipping support
- Filtering on weight, price at same time
If you need these features please contact us with your requirements for a recommendation.