You may wish to offer delivery to a certain area for a flat rate. For example, you may offer local delivery to an area around your fulfillment center/warehouse. This is easy to do in in ShipperHQ using a Flat Rate carrier and a Zone or a live-rate carrier like UPS, a Carrier Rule, and a Zone. This document will walk you through the process of setting up these scenarios.
Scenario 1: Flat Rate Carrier
This will allow you to show a flat rate option in addition to your live-rate carriers. For example, you may want your customers to be able to choose between your Flat Rate option and UPS Ground.
- You’ll need to first set up your Flat Rate carrier in ShipperHQ. Click on Carriers and Add a New carrier selecting “User Defined Carrier” as the Carrier Type and “Flat” as the Carrier
- On your new Flat Rate carrier, set the Carrier Title (in the Carrier Overview panel) and Shipping Method Name (in the Shipping Rates panel) to what you want to show customers on checkout as the Carrier and Shipping Method, respectively, and set the Base Shipping Price (in the Shipping Rates panel) to the amount you want to charge
- Still editing your new carrier, in the Display Restrictions panel, either select a Zone you’ve already defined or select “Add New” in the Restrict to Zones field to define the Zone (or Zones) in which you want to offer this carrier
- Save the Carrier
Your customers will now see this option on checkout at the price you set if their shipping address is within the Zone you defined.
Scenario 2: Flat Rate UPS Ground
This will allow you to override the rate returned for UPS Ground to be a flat rate for customers within the Zone you’ve defined.
- You’ll need to first set up your UPS carrier in ShipperHQ.
- On your UPS carrier, choose the shipping methods you want to show. In this case, we’ll choose UPS Ground.
- Save the Carrier
- Now, Add a New Carrier Rule by clicking the Carrier Rules option in the left-hand navbar and clicking the Add button
- Enter a name for this Carrier Rule (E.g. “Flat Rate for US 48”), choose UPS Ground under the Applicable Shipping Methods, choose your Zone or add a new Zone under Conditions, and enter the rate you want to charge under Actions
- Save your Carrier Rule
Your customers will now see your Flat Rate price as the rate for UPS Ground on checkout at the price you set if their shipping address is within the Zone you defined.