ShipperHQ provides additional functionality in separate modules. These are not required in order to use ShipperHQ on Magento 2, but they provide advanced capabilities. An example is ‘module-calendar’ which will display a delivery date selector on the checkout. These modules are held in a private composer repository (Satis).
You will need to request access to this repository by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and include your ShipperHQ login email address before attempting to access them using the steps below.
We assume you understand Magento 2, and have it installed correctly and have updated your base ShipperHQ module to the latest version.
We assume you have been granted access to our Satis repository.
It is highly recommended to backup your server files and database before installing this module. No responsibility can be taken for any adverse effects it may cause. It is also recommended you install on a test server initially to carry out your own testing.
Adding modules from our Private Repository
At any point during set up if it asks you to enter credentials, you will need to enter the credentials requested and sent to from ShipperHQ Support team.
- Using your preferred text editor, you’ll need to add the packages.shipperhq.com repository under the “repositories” section of the composer.json file located in your Magento root directory. Here’s an example of what it would look like when added to a native M2 composer.json file:
- You can then add the modules via command line with the commands below:
composer require <vendor/module_name>
php bin/magento module:enable Vendor_ModuleName
composer require shipperhq/module-calendar
php bin/magento module:enable ShipperHQ_Calendar
Note: This does NOT cover installation of ShipperHQ itself. If you are looking to install or update ShipperHQ on Magento 2, please follow the installation and upgrade instructions for ShipperHQ on Magento 2.
Zip File Installation Process
In the event that you do not use composer and would prefer to update these extra modules using the zip files instead, Please follow these steps to manually install a module from zip file archive, the example below is for the calendar module
To install the calendar module:
- Extract the contents of the ZIP
- Install to location app/code/ShipperHQ/<module> directory – the <module> directory name can be found in the PSR-4 section of composer.json file of the zip archive e.g.
- Enable the module using:
php bin/magento module:enable ShipperHQ_<Module>
- Update Magento with:
php bin/magento setup:upgrade
- Clear cache and re-compile, you will need to refresh the following folders