In some eCommerce platforms you can set a specific shipping charge on the product directly. For example, in Magento this field is called “Shipping Fee.” In BigCommerce, this is “Fixed Shipping Price”.
With ShipperHQ, you can define how and when this Shipping Fee is used as the Shipping Rate. You may have a product for which you always charge a flat $10 per item, another product where you charge $12, and another where you charge $15. The Shipping Fee feature allows you to set these values on the product and then use them in ShipperHQ.
Pre-requisites: We’ll assume you’ve already set up a Custom Rate carrier in ShipperHQ and that your store supports shipping fees being set on the product listing.
- In ShipperHQ, create a new Shipping Group called “PER_ITEM” or whatever you wish to call it.
- Go to Shipping Rules > click the “Settings” button in the top right corner > Select the Apply Actions tab > set Product Listing Shipping Fees to “Yes” > click Apply.
- Next, go to the Shipping Rule page and click the +New button
- In the Basic Setup tab, give the rule a relevant name (i.e. Charge Fee on Product Listing)
- In the I want too… panel and within the”Choose an action” dropdown set I want to… to “Override Rates” > “By a Flat Rate”
- Enter a value for the flat rate and set And Apply This Rate to To each item within a Shipping Group” and choose “PER_ITEM” under “Apply To These Shipping Groups.”
- In the Perform The Action When… panel, under the Shipping Groups section and within Shipping Groups Include One or More dropdown, select your “PER_ITEM” shipping group
- In the Advanced panel, under Advanced Actions, choose “Shipping Price” in the Product Attribute Fee dropdown.
- Save and test your rule
Update your Products
Be sure that any products with a fixed shipping fee have both (A) The appropriate shipping set on the product, and (B) the shipping group PER_ITEM assigned to the product.
After the above, any product with the Shipping Fee set on the product that is assigned to the PER_ITEM shipping group will be charged the amount in the Shipping Fee field.