In some eCommerce platforms you can set a specific shipping charge on the product directly. For example, in Magento this field is called “Shipping Fee.” In BigCommerce, this is “Fixed Shipping Price”.
With ShipperHQ, you can define how and when this Shipping Fee is used as the Shipping Rate. You may have a product for which you always charge a flat $10 per item, another product where you charge $12, and another where you charge $15. The Shipping Fee feature allows you to set these values on the product and then use them in ShipperHQ.
On This Page
Pre-requisites: We’ll assume you’ve already set up a Custom Rate carrier in ShipperHQ and that your store supports shipping fees being set on the product listing.
- In ShipperHQ, create a new Shipping Group called “PER_ITEM” or whatever you wish to call it.
- Go to Shipping Rules > click the “Settings” button in the top right corner > Select the Apply Actions tab > set Product Listing Shipping Fees to “Yes” > click Apply.
- Next, go to the Shipping Rule page and click the +New button
- From the Actions list, choose the Override Rates action.
- Define your Override action by choosing to Apply the Override as a Flat Rate. Enter a value for the flat rate and set And Apply This Rate to To each item within a Shipping Group and choose “PER_ITEM”.
- On the Conditions screen, choose the Shipping Groups condition.
- On the Shipping Groups screen, select and within Any selected Shipping Groups are in the cart from the dropdown, and select your “PER_ITEM” shipping group.
- Save and test your rule
- Go the the Configuration Page for this rule. In the Advanced panel, under Advanced Actions, choose “Shipping Price” in the Product Attribute Fee dropdown.
Update your Products
Be sure that any products with a fixed shipping fee have both (A) The appropriate shipping set on the product, and (B) the shipping group PER_ITEM assigned to the product.
After the above, any product with the Shipping Fee set on the product that is assigned to the PER_ITEM shipping group will be charged the amount in the Shipping Fee field.