In some eCommerce platforms you can set a specific shipping charge on the product directly. For example, in Magento this field is called “Shipping Fee.” In BigCommerce, this is “Fixed Shipping Price”.
With ShipperHQ, you can define how and when this Shipping Fee is used as the Shipping Rate. You may have a product for which you always charge a flat $10 per item, another product where you charge $12, and another where you charge $15. The Shipping Fee feature allows you to set these values on the product and then use them in ShipperHQ.
Pre-requisites: We’ll assume you’ve already set up a Custom Rate carrier in ShipperHQ and that your store supports shipping fees being set on the product listing.
- In ShipperHQ, create a new Shipping Group called “PER_ITEM”
- Go to Carrier Rules > click the Settings button in the top right corner > Select the Apply Actions tab > set Product Listing Shipping Fees to “Yes” > click Apply
- Next, create a new Carrier Rule
- In the Basic panel, give the rule a relevant name (i.e. Charge Fee on Product Listing)
- In the Shipping Methods panel, Add the methods that should display the fixed fee under Custom Shipping Methods Assigned
- In the Conditions panel, under the Must include all these Shipping Groups dropdown, select your “PER_ITEM” shipping group
- In the Actions panel, set the Action to Perform to “Set/Surcharge Shipping Methods” > set Adapt Shipping Rates to “Set Rates”> set Apply Shipping Rate/Percentage to “Each Item within Shipping Group”, and choose “PER_ITEM” under Apply to Shipping Groups
- In the Advanced panel, under Advanced Actions, choose “Shipping Price” in the Product Attribute Fee dropdown.
Update your Products
Be sure that any products with a fixed shipping fee have both (A) The appropriate shipping set on the product, and (B) the shipping group PER_ITEM assigned to the product.
After the above, any product with the Shipping Fee set on the product that is assigned to the PER_ITEM shipping group will be charged the amount in the Shipping Fee field.