You have received your UPS Ground with Freight Pricing credentials from UPS and want to create a UPS Ground with Freight Pricing carrier and activate your credentials.
On This Page
Setting Up your UPS Ground with Freight Pricing Carrier
The first step is to turn on LTL Freight as an advanced feature. Click Advanced Features from the ShipperHQ dashboard (left sidebar), then toggle the switch on the LTL Freight feature to enable it. You will then need add and validate the carrier.
- Go to your ShipperHQ dashboard, select Carriers and “+ New”
- Select Live Rate Carrier and search for “UPS Ground”. If you do not heave the Freight carriers feature enabled you will be prompted to enable in this popup.
- Enter in the name for your UPS GFP carrier. This is the name that customers will see for this carrier in the checkout.
- Select “Enter Credentials & Validate”
If you choose “Skip & Enter Later” there will be a link displayed under the carrier type in the Carriers overview page or, if you edit the carrier, a banner will be displayed at the top with a link to enter credentials.
- Fill in the credentials provided by the carrier, per the steps in the next section.
Please note: If you do not have multiple origins configured the “Origin associated with account” field, illustrated below, will not be displayed.
Obtaining UPS Ground with Freight Pricing Account & Setting Up your Carrier
To get rates from UPS Ground with Freight Pricing using ShipperHQ, you must have a UPS Ground with Freight Pricing test account. This is separate to your standard UPS account.
- Ensure you have a UPS XML Key and credentials
- Register for a test account on the UPS Ground with Freight Pricing site.
- If you haven’t done so already, create a UPS Ground with Freight Pricing carrier in ShipperHQ
- In the Account Settings panel of your UPS Ground with Freight Pricing carrier, enter your UPS Ground with Freight Pricing credentials and check the “Generate Test Rate” checkbox.
- Save your UPS Ground with Freight Pricing carrier in ShipperHQ
You now have your UPS Ground with Freight Pricing account set up in ShipperHQ to run through the UPS Ground with Freight Pricing account Test process.
With “Generate Test Rate” checked on your UPS Ground with Freight Pricing carrier in ShipperHQ, you’re now ready to obtain your test rate and register for activation with UPS.
Activating your UPS Ground with Freight Pricing credentials
In the next steps, you’ll generate the required test rate and enter it on the UPS Ground with Freight Pricing website to activate your account.
- Disable all other carriers in ShipperHQ (if any) leaving only the UPS Ground with Freight Pricing carrier enabled
- On your website, add any product to your shopping cart and obtain a shipping rate using a Business address
- The UPS Ground with Freight Pricing rate you see is the UPS Ground with Freight Pricing Test Rate referenced above. Note this rate and continue with the process below.
- Login to the UPS Developer Kit
- Navigate to Access and Administration->Manage Access Keys
- Enter your current Access Key and select Request Production KeyPlease note: If you are presented with a notification window explaining that production access is not guaranteed and nothing happens when you click continue please re-try with an alternative web browser. We have had reports of this occurring with one web browser but not another.
- Select Rating-Ground Freight API
- Answer questions as appropriate
- Enter the Rate Value using the Total Shipment Charge obtained from the XML response.
- Log back into ShipperHQ, uncheck “Generate Test Rate” on your UPS Ground with Freight Pricing carrier, and save your UPS Ground with Freight Pricing carrier
- If you disabled any other carriers when generating your test rate, you can now reenable them
After Adding Credentials to your Carrier
After you have generated test rates and your credentials are active, remember to go back to your UPS Ground with Freight Pricing Carrier and uncheck “Generate Test Rate.”
*If you have issues with receiving or activating you UPS Ground with Freight Pricing credentials contact UPS Support.
UPS density based pricing
If your UPS account requires density based pricing or you’re getting this error: “Shipper has density pricing. Handling unit dimension required” then you will need to tick the switch under account settings. Very few UPS LTL accounts require this, we would advise that you leave it unticked unless you see the above error or UPS LTL tell you to tick it.
UPS describe this feature as: Density based rates are discounted based upon product dimensions, rather than freight classifications. Density based pricing is setup when customers commingle multiple freight classes on shipments.