ShipperHQ allows you to set up rules for different groups of customers based on the customer’s Customer Group set in your eCommerce platform. You’ll first need to turn on Customer Groups.
This doc shows how to surcharge rates for a customer group by $10.00.
On This Page
In order to set this up, you need to already have:
- At least one Carrier set up in ShipperHQ
- Customer Groups enabled and set up in ShipperHQ
- Customers assigned to the correct Customer Group in your eCommerce platform
- Click on Shipping Rules > Add New +
- In the Basic Setup panel, name your rule something relevant (i.e. “Surcharge on X Customer Group”)
- In the I want to… section, under the Action you want Perform section the “choose an action*” dropdown should be set to “Surcharge or discount rates” – Note:(In this case, we want to surchage the shipping methods with an additional $10 flat rate. So, we would enter “10” under the “By a flat rate” field. You could also choose to surcharge by a percentage or both. For percentage discounts you would enter a negative number in the “By a percentage” field.
- Under the For these Shipping Methods.. panel, select the method (or methods) that you want to be surcharged when this rule applies
- Under the Perform The Action When… tab, under Customer Groups Include dropdown, select the customer group that should receive this surcharge.
- If any other restrictions apply to this rule, set those conditions as well. (For example, if this only applies to shipments to the US 48 Zone or on certain Shipping Groups.)
- Save the rule.
Now, when a customer that has been assigned to the relevant Customer group places an order, the surcharge will be applied on top of the shipping rate.