You might ship orders on small package carriers like UPS or FedEx for shipments under a certain weight, but over a certain weight you want to show freight rates. This is supported in ShipperHQ using the Minimum Weight Threshold setting on your Freight carrier.
In order to establish settings against LTL Freight rates, you must have the LTL Freight Advanced Feature enabled.
Set Minimum Weight Threshold
The Minimum Weight Threshold is set to 150lbs by default on all LTL Freight carriers.
- Go to
Carriers > edit your LTL Freight carrier
- Under the Freight Settings panel you’ll find the Minimum Weight Threshold field.
- Changing this will set the weight threshold for when Freight should start showing.
- For example: If you set the minimum weight threshold to 150lbs, then your freight carrier won’t show until 150lbs or more is in the cart.
Show non-Freight Carriers alongside Freight
By default, when the order weight exceeds your Minimum Weight Threshold, all non-Freight carriers are hidden. If you want to show non-Freight carriers even if the order total weight exceeds the threshold you can set this on your non-Freight carrier.
- Go to
Carriers > Edit the non-freight carrierthat you want to show
- Go to the Display Restrictions panel
- Check the box for “Show this Carrier even when over Freight Weight Threshold”.
- Save the Carrier
Verify that your carriers and rules are working and see how they will display in your checkout right from the ShipperHQ dashboard.