This articled covers how to connect FedEx parcel services (including Home Delivery, Ground, Express, Hold at Location, SameDay City and Air Freight services) or FedEx Ground Economy to your ShipperHQ account.
On This Page
When connecting a FedEx Account with your negotiated rates to ShipperHQ, you’ll need certain information that will allow ShipperHQ to connect to the FedEx servers and obtain a rate quote:
- FedEx Account Number
- The address and phone number associated with your FedEx Account Billing
- FedEx Ground Economy Hub ID (only if setting up FedEx Ground Economy)
Steps To Add This Carrier
- Go to the Carriers page in the ShipperHQ dashboard
- Click + New to add a new carrier
- Select Live Rate Carrier
- Search for and select FedEx or FedEx Ground Economy
- Name this carrier (this name will be the name your customers see in the Checkout.)
- You have two options for getting live rates from FedEx
- Standard List Rates
Will not require you to enter any credentials and rates will be based on FedEx’s publish list rates. If you choose Standard List Rates click “Finish” and proceed to configuration. At any time, you can return to this carrier and enter your own account credentials to receive your negotiated rates.
- Use My Own FedEx Account Rates
If you choose to use your own account, you will follow the rest of these instructions and click ‘Validate‘.
- Enter your FedEx Account Number and contact information
- Enter your Address (this must be the pickup address on file with FedEx for your account)
- If setting up FedEx Ground Economy, you’ll be able to enter your Hub ID
- Click Validate
If you receive an error message instead of a success message, click the “Or, Try Credentials Again” and double-check the info you’ve entered. See the troubleshooting steps below for more information.
- Standard List Rates
- Success! Your FedEx carrier has now been added to your list of carriers in ShipperHQ.
FedEx Address Validation Service
ShipperHQ supports a variety of features around address validation including the ability to validate the address entered by your customers in the checkout, automatic address type lookup, and address suggestion. Address Validation is completely optional, but if you’d like to add it to your checkout process, you can enable the Address Validation or Dynamic Address Type Lookup Advanced Feature on ShipperHQ, using one of your Advanced Feature slots. Enabling Address Validation or Type Lookup will result in fewer orders being sent to incorrect addresses and reduce charges from carriers for invalid addressing and address type.
FedEx Air Freight
FedEx Air Freight is a different service to FedEx LTL. It’s used to ship items over 150lbs or that exceed 70″ in height or 119″ in length or 80″ in width both internationally and domestic.
The methods are FedEx International Priority Freight, FedEx International Economy Freight or FedEx 1, 2 or 3 Day Freight and FedEx First Freight for domestic shipments.
To get started create a standard FedEx carrier following steps above.
Configure FedEx Carrier for Air Freight
In the package settings of the new FedEx carrier, ensure you set the Maximum Per Package Weight to be at least 151lbs, in reality, you will probably want to set it much higher than this. FedEx Air Freight will allow this value to be up to and including 2200lbs.
If any of your freight boxes are over 60 inches in any measurement, you will need to set the oversize Oversize Length Threshold to something higher than the default of 60″
You will also need to ensure you select the relevant freight methods listed above.
FedEx Account Validation
In order for your live rate carrier to access live rates, you will need to enter the necessary information for FedEx. ShipperHQ will then verify this information with FedEx.
Validation, simply means that ShipperHQ was able to access the shipping account related to the information that you entered and retrieve rates.
If validation fails, the credentials you have already entered will still be saved so they will populate the form when you return. You can:
- Choose to try validation again and double-check that the information you entered is correct.
- Skip validation for now and complete it later. You will be reminded to complete validation later to get rates.
- Contact us if you are struggling to validate your carrier and you believe the credentials you are using are correct. We will be happy to help get you validated.
FedEx Rate Discrepencies
ShipperHQ connects to your FedEx account by generating FedEx credentials as described above which means that the shipping rates and options available through ShipperHQ should match the rates you get through FedEx ShipManager, FedEx.com, or any other tool you use to get rates or print labels for FedEx.
If you find that your rates through ShipperHQ are not matching what you expect to receive from FedEx, there are a number of troubleshooting steps that you can take to determine why this may be the case.
If you determine that the response from FedEx themselves, FedEx Web Services Support can be contacted at email@example.com