The FedEx One Rate® program provides a valuable, flat rate shipping structure based on a combination of packaging and destination.
While this service provides a considerable value to merchants using it to ship, the specific criteria for each FedEx Account Holder’s negotiated FedEx One Rates are not included via our API integration with FedEx.
Below is a step by step guide to configure your FedEx OneRates, however, we highly recommend contacting the ShipperHQ Team for a quote to configure this option under our paid support program. Please click here to request a configuration quote from a ShipperHQ team member.
FedEx One Rate – Shipping Rule Conditions Explained
For each tier of FedEx One Rates, three criteria are needed.
- A list of Zip Codes from FedEx to be used in rating based on distance. Please visit FedEx One Rate Zone Builder to create your One Rate zone(s). Since these zip codes are determined by FedEx, it is important to check in with your Account Representative at FedEx for any questions about your specific zones.
- A list of FedEx One Rate boxes to upload to your ShipperHQ account. Please access this Formatted SHQ One Rate Box List for a list of FedEx One Rate packaging that can be uploaded to your account.
- A series of flat rates, per box, per zone to be determined using FedEx’s OneRates guide. Please see here for more information.
Prerequisites for adding FedEx One Rates:
- Install FedEx as a carrier in your ShipperHQ account
- Enable the Dimensional Packing advanced feature
- Upload the provided One Rate box list CSV
- Upload your FedEx One Rate Zone file
Now that these initial steps are complete, we can begin the process of creating flat rate shipping rules to override the FedEx shipping method with the provided flat rates, based on the zone and box being used.
ShipperHQ’s Dimensional Packing functionality assigns boxes based on dimensional volume (L x H x W = Volume) & we recommend viewing the assigned product dimensions if the box or boxes selected in quoting are not the ones expected.
Creating Shipping Rules to Override FedEx Methods with a Flat Rate
Beginning with the first rule, we’ll demonstrate the structure needed to ensure accurate box and rate assignment below:
Pricing information listed below is an example of FedEx One Rate based on this structure and should be used as a guide. Please contact your FedEx Account Representative for rates and other information specific to your FedEx account.
Shipping Rules Creation:
For each FedEx One Rate flat fee, a rule is needed to apply the rate to the designated FedEx packaging.
In order to enable the consideration of boxes to be used in ShipperHQ’s shipping rules, the advanced rule condition must be enabled under the “Settings” link in the upper right corner.
See here for further details on Advanced Rule Settings.
The configuration of rules will be as follows:
Conditions: Method: FedEx Domestic One Rate First Overnight
- For box Envelope, flat rates are set at:
- Rule 1: Zone 02: $95.20
- Rule 2: Zone 03 – Zone 04: $109.05
- Rule 3: Zone 05 – Zone 16: $122.30
To create the first rule, navigate to the Shipping Rules link on your ShipperHQ navigation menu.
- Create a new rule, select “Override Rates.”
2. Set the override amount to $95.20.
3. Select the FedEx Overnight Shipping Method
4. Click “Add a Condition” and select “Zone” & Enter the zone for this rule, ie…Zone 02
5. Name the new rule to match the FedEx One Rate method and zone for easy identification when testing in ShipperHQ then click “Finish.” Once completed, you will be returned to the shipping rules list. Enter the rule once more and continue with Step 6 below.
6. Navigate to the “Advanced” tab and select the advanced rule condition, “Boxes Include.”
Select the box for the rule. In this example the box to select is FedEx One Rate Envelope.
7. Once you have selected the box you want to use, you can now click “Save/Duplicate.”
For the next rule, Rule 2: Zone 03 – Zone 04: $109.05, you will want to update the surcharge amount and replace the zone(s), meanwhile, you will not need to change the box this rule applies to as it has already been set in the rule.
The final rule in this example will follow this same process.
- This step will help save time as the remaining two rules contain only a change to the Flat Rate amount and the Zone that it applies to.Continuing this process of Save + Duplicate will allow you to quickly replicate each rule in this series.
Once each flat rate and zone have been assigned for one package type, you can use the overall process to start building the next series of rules. While not a requirement, it is recommended that these rules be created for each package type as this will help to quickly and accurately configure each tier of One Rates per box.
It is also recommended that each series of One Rate boxes and methods be tested with the ShipperHQ Rates Calculator before moving to the next series of methods, zones, & boxes. If there is a misconfiguration of rules settings, this will be easier to spot that testing once every rule is in place.
Please see here for more information on FedEx One Rate Pricing for 2023.
FedEx OneRate Zone Builder – use you origin zip code to build the zone list for zones 1 through 16
Quick Reference One Rate Box List (subject to change)
|FedEx® One Rate Packaging||FedEx Dimensions||ShipperHQ Dimensions|
|FedEx® Envelope*||1 – 9-1/2″ x 12-1/2″ x 1||9.5 x 12.5 x 1|
|FedEx® Envelope*||2 – 9-1/2″ x 15-1/2″ x 1||9.5 x 15.5 x 1|
|FedEx® Pak*||1 – 10-1/4″ x 12-3/4″ x 1||10.25 x 12.75 x 1|
|FedEx® Pak*||2 – 12″ x 15-1/2″ x 1||12 x 15.5 x 1|
|FedEx® Pak* Padded||11-3/4″ x 14-3/4″ x 1||11.75 x 14.75 x 1|
|FedEx® Pak* Reusable Sturdy Pak||10″ x 14‑1/2″ x 1||10 x 14.5 x 1|
|FedEx® Small Box 1||10-7/8″ x 1-1/2″ x 12-3/8″||10.875 x 1.5 x 12.375|
|FedEx® Small Box 2||8-3/4″ x 2-5/8″ x 11-1/4″||8.75 x 2.625 x 11.25|
|FedEx® Medium Box 1||11-1/2″ x 2-3/8″ x 13-1/4″||11.5 x 2.375 x 13.25|
|FedEx® Medium Box 2||8-3/4″ x 4-3/8″ x 11-1/4″||8.75 x 4.375 x 11.25|
|FedEx® Large Box 1||12-3/8″ x 3″ x 17-1/2″||12.375 x 3 x 17.5|
|FedEx® Large Box 2||8-3/4″ x 7-3/4″ x 11-1/4″||8.75 x 7.75 x 11.25|
|FedEx® Extra Large Box 1||11-7/8″ x 10-3/4″ x 11″||11.875 x 10.75 x 11|
|FedEx® Extra Large Box 2||15-3/4″ x 14-1/8″ x 6″||15.75 x 14.125 x 6|
|FedEx® Tube||6″ x 6″ x 38″||6 x 6 x 38|
Request a Quote
If you would like further assistance or a quote for the ShipperHQ Team to configure your FedEx One Rates, please click here to let us know.