This guide goes through how to offer a certain shipping option or method for free with an item quantity threshold. This setup uses the example of free UPS Ground Shipping if the order has over 10 items.
This doc assumes you have your UPS Carrier set with UPS Ground as an available shipping method.
- Click on Filters on the navbar and add a new filter.
- In the Basic panel, give the filter a name (e.g. “Over 10 items”)
- On your new filter, select “Whole Cart” under Filter Applies To dropdown
- In the Filters panel, select “Range” for the Quantity filter dropdown, and enter a Min value of 10. Check the No Max checkbox and Save. You now have a filter set up which will match against an order total with more than 10 items.
- Click on Carrier Rules on the navbar and add a new Rule.
- In Basic panel, enter a descriptive Name (e.g. “Free UPS Ground over 10 items”)
- In the Shipping Methods panel, add UPS Ground in the Live Shipping Methods Assigned section.
- In the Conditions panel, select the Filter you just set up under Weight/Price/Quantity Filters
- In the Actions panel, under Action to Perform dropdown, choose “Set/Surcharge Shipping Methods”. Under Adapt Shipping Rates dropdown choose “Set Rates”, and in Apply Shipping Rate/Percentage dropdown set to “Per Cart”.
- In the Set/Modify Shipping Rate section of the Actions panel, enter
0in the Shipping Rate field.
- Save your rule.
ShipperHQ will now set UPS Ground to Free if the order has over 10 items.
Combining the price Filter with other Filters or Shipping Groups or Zones you can define more specific scenarios in which to offer free shipping. You can also use this same approach to set Flat Rate shipping in certain scenarios.