This guide goes through how to offer a certain shipping option or method for free with an item quantity threshold. This setup uses the example of free UPS Ground Shipping if the order has over 10 items.
This doc assumes you have your UPS Carrier set with UPS Ground as an available shipping method.
- Click on Filters on the navbar and add a new filter.
- In the Basic panel, give the filter a name (e.g. “Over 10 items”)
- On your new filter, select “Whole Cart” under Filter Applies To dropdown
- In the Filters panel, select “Range” for the Quantity filter dropdown, and enter a Min value of 10. Check the No Max checkbox and Save. You now have a filter set up which will match against an order total with more than 10 items.
- Click on Shipping Rules on the navbar and add a new Rule.
- In Basic tab, enter a descriptive name (e.g. “Free UPS Ground over 10 items”)
- Under the Shipping Methods section, add UPS Ground in the Live Shipping Methods Assigned section.
- In the Actions tab under the “Action to Perform” section set I want to… to “Modify the Price of my selected Shipping Methods” and In Order to… to “Override Rates” and “By a Flat Rate”
- Enter “0” for the flat rate and set And Apply This Rate to “Per Cart”
- In the Conditions tab, select the Filter you just set up under Weight/Price/Quantity Filters
- Save and test your rule.
ShipperHQ will now set UPS Ground to Free if the order has over 10 items.
Combining the price Filter with other Filters or Shipping Groups or Shipping Zones you can define more specific scenarios in which to offer free shipping. You can also use this same approach to set Flat Rate shipping in certain scenarios.