The following steps go through now to only ship perishable goods via ground if they can be delivered in 1 day. The following example uses UPS, but it can also be applied to FedEx.
This document assumes you already have:
- A UPS carrier installed and validated
- The Delivery Date & Time Advanced Feature enabled
- “Show Estimated Time in Transit” or “Show Estimated Delivery Date” enabled on the UPS carrier under Calendar panel
- Set the blackout days/dates on both origin and carrier
- Created a shipping group for your perishable goods (i.e. PERISHABLE)
- Go to Shipping Groups > edit your perishable goods group
- In the Advanced panel, set the Max Transit Time to 1 day
- Save the Shipping Group
Be sure to assign appropriate products to your PERISHABLE shipping group so that ShipperHQ knows when the Max Transit Time should apply.
Now when you have perishables in the cart, it will only show ground if the goods can be dispatched to the destination and arrive within 1 day. You may optionally change the rates provided by UPS with a shipping rule.