This guide goes through how to offer free shipping on certain items only.
Common Examples for this scenario are Free Shipping on regular items, but not Hazardous, or Free Shipping on smaller items, but not large items.
This doc assumes you have:
- A validated and working Live Rate Carrier, or configured Table Rate Carrier
- A Shipping Group defined for products that get free shipping (i.e. FREE)
For this example, we will set Fedex Ground to free.
- Create a new Carrier Rule. In the Basic panel of the rule, give it a name (e.g. Free Ground on certain items)
- In the Shipping Methods panel, Add the shipping methods you wish to give free shipping (e.g. Ground/Home Delivery)
- In the Conditions panel, set the Includes one or more of these Shipping Group(s) dropdown to your created shipping group. In our case, we’d set our FREE group.
- OPTIONAL: Also in the Conditions panel, if you are offering Free Shipping to certain zones, you can set that zone under Applies to Zone dropdown. For example, if you are only offering Free to US 48.
- In Actions panel, set Adapt Shipping Rates to “Set Rates” > set Apply Shipping Rate/Percentage to “Per Shipping Group” > set Apply to Shipping Group(s) to FREE.
- Still in Actions panel, under Set/Modify Shipping Rate box, set Shipping Rate to
The outcome will be that if FREE items are in the cart alone then Ground/Home will be free shipping. If FREE Is with other goods then shipping will be calculated on the non-free goods only.