This guide goes through how to offer free shipping on certain items only.
Common Examples for this scenario are Free Shipping on regular items, but not Hazardous, or Free Shipping on smaller items, but not large items.
This doc assumes you have:
- A validated and working Live Rate Carrier, or configured Table Rate Carrier
- A Shipping Group defined for products that get free shipping (i.e. FREE)
For this example, we will set Fedex Ground to free.
- Go to Shipping Rules in the left-hand navigation and click the +New button
- In the Basic tab, give the rule a descriptive name (e.g. Free Ground on certain items)
- Under the Shipping Methods section, add the shipping methods you wish to give free shipping (e.g. Ground/Home Delivery)
- In Action tab under the “Action to Perform” section, set I want to… to”Modify the Price of my selected Shipping Methods” and In Order to... to “Override Rates” and “By a Flat Rate”.
- Enter “0” in the flat rate field to apply free shipping and set And Apply This Rate to “Per Shipping Group” and Apply to Shipping Group(s) to FREE.
- In the Conditions tab, set the Shipping Group(s) Includes One or More dropdown to your created shipping group. In our case, we’d set our FREE group.
- OPTIONAL: Also in the Conditions panel, if you are offering Free Shipping to certain zones, you can set that zone under Zone Includes dropdown. For example, if you are only offering Free to US 48.
- Save and test your shipping rule
The outcome will be that if FREE items are in the cart alone then Ground/Home will be free shipping. If FREE Is with other goods then shipping will be calculated on the non-free goods only.