You want to set a fixed rate for one or more shipping options or methods when a certain shipping group is in the cart.
In this article, we’ll use the example of setting a fixed rate on UPS Ground if the order has products in the “Perishable” shipping group.
Ensure you have your UPS Carrier set with UPS Ground as an available shipping method.
- Create a Shipping Group. For this setup example, we’ll call it PERISHABLE. Don’t set any advanced settings on the group.
- In the lefthand Navigation, go to Shipping Rules > add a new Rule.
- In the Basic tab of the rule, name it. For example, we’ll name ours “$5.99 on UPS ground for Perishable items”.
- Under the Shipping Methods, Add the Shipping Methods you want to override with flat rate. For our example, we’ll select UPS Ground.
- In the Actions tab under the “Action to Perform” section set I want to… to “Modify the Price of my selected Shipping Methods” and In Order to… to “Override Rates” and “By a Flat Rate”
- Enter a value (for eg. 5.99) for the flat rate and set And Apply This Rate to “Per Shipping Group”. In the dropdown that appears, select your group from above
- In the Conditions tab, select your shipping group under Shipping Groups Includes One or More. Ours would be PERISHABLE.
- Save your rule.
After you save this rule, and once there is a product assigned to the shipping group, the products will always override their live UPS cost to $5.99 per the assigned shipping method(s) in the rule.