You want to set a fixed rate for one or more shipping options or methods when a certain shipping group is in the cart.
In this article, we’ll use the example of setting a fixed rate on UPS Ground if the order has products in the “Perishable” shipping group.
Ensure you have your UPS Carrier set with UPS Ground as an available shipping method.
- Create a Shipping Group. For this setup example, we’ll call it PERISHABLE. Don’t set any advanced settings on the group.
- In the lefthand Navigation, go to Carrier Rules > add a new Rule.
- In the Basic panel of the rule, name it. For example, we’ll name ours “$5.99 on UPS ground for Perishable items”.
- Under the Shipping Methods, Add the Shipping Methods you want to override with flat rate. For our example, we’ll select UPS Ground.
- In the Conditions panel, select your shipping group under Includes One or More of These Shipping Groups. Ours would be PERISHABLE.
- In the Actions panel, set the Action to Perform dropdown to “Set/Surcharge Shipping Methods”. Set Adapt Shipping Rates dropdown to “Set Rates”, and Apply Shipping Rate/Percentage to “Per Shipping group”. A new dropdown will appear called Apply to Shipping Group(s). Select your group from above. From our example, we’d select PERISHABLE.
- In the Set/Modify Shipping Rate section of the Actions panel, enter the $ amount to set as the rate. For our example, we’d set 5.99
- Save your rule.
After you save this rule, and once there is a product assigned to the shipping group, the products will always override their live UPS cost to $5.99 per the assigned shipping method(s) in the rule.
Verify that your carriers and rules are working and see how they will display in your checkout right from the ShipperHQ dashboard.