You want to set a fixed rate for one or more shipping options or methods when a certain shipping group is in the cart.
In this article, we’ll use the example of setting a fixed rate on UPS Ground if the order has products in the “Perishable” shipping group.
Ensure you have your UPS Carrier set with UPS Ground as an available shipping method.
- Create a Shipping Group, in our case, we’ll call it PERISHABLE. Don’t set any advanced settings on the group.
- In the lefthand Navigation, go to Carrier Rules > add a new Rule > Name the rule. For example, we’ll name ours “$5.99 on UPS ground for Perishable items”.
- Under the “Applicable Shipping Methods”, select the Live Shipping Methods you want to override with flat rate. For our example, we’ll select UPS Ground.
- In the “Conditions” panel, select your shipping group under “Includes One or More of These Shipping Groups”. Ours would be PERISHABLE.
- In the “Actions” panel > Action to Perform > choose “Set/Surcharge Shipping Methods”.
- In the Adapt Shipping Rates dropdown choose “Set Rates” > In the Apply Shipping Rate/Percentage dropdown choose “Per Shipping group” > a new dropdown will appear called Apply to Shipping Group(s). Select your group from above. From our example, we’d select PERISHABLE.
- In the Set/Modify Shipping Rate section of the Actions panel, enter the $ amount to set as the rate. For our example, we’d set 5.99
- Save your rule.
After you save this rule, and once there is a product assigned to the shipping group, the products will always override their live UPS cost to $5.99 per the assigned shipping method(s) in the rule.