Say you want to restrict shipping methods from showing for a certain customer group. For example, if you don’t want to show certain shipping options just to your Retail Customer Group, but you do want them to apply for your Wholesale Customer Group. In this doc, we’ll example restricting our “Standard” shipping to the wholesale customer group.
In order to set this up, you need to already have:
- at least one Carrier set up in ShipperHQ
- customers assigned to the correct Customer Group in your eCommerce platform
- customer groups enabled within ShipperHQ.
- On the Shipping Rules page in ShipperHQ, click the “Shipping Rules Settings” link in the top right corner.
- There you’ll see the option to enable Customer Groups (see screenshot below)
- Once this is enabled, you’ll see a “Customer Group” option in your left-hand navbar and will have Customer Groups as a condition on Shipping Rules.
- Go to”Shipping Rules” using the left menu > Add New
- In the Basic tab, name the rule something relevant. The customer will never see this.
- Under the Shipping Methods section, select the Live or Custom rate method you want to HIDE from your customer group. In this example we’re hiding the “Standard” method from the “Domestic Shipping” Custom rate carrier. Leave the methods you want to show unselected.
- In the Action tab under the “Action to Perform” section, set I want to… to “Hide my selected Shipping Methods”
- In the Conditions tab, choose the customer group the method should be hidden for. In our case, we’re selecting the “Wholesale” customer group only
- Save and test your rule
Whenever the chosen Customer Group is in the cart, the selected Method will be hidden.