This guide goes through how to offer free shipping for all orders over a certain dollar amount, with the exception of certain products.
Step 1: Create a Shipping Group
- Click on “Shipping Groups” on the left nav and add a new one. We’ll give the group the name “Necklace” for this example. Don’t worry about any of the advanced settings.
Step 2: Create a Filter
- Click on “Filters” on the left nav and add a new one.
- Under Price Filter, change the dropdown to “Range” and enter the Minimum dollar amount (referred to as X) that applies to the filter.
- Save the filter.
Step 3: Create the New Carrier Rule
- Click on “Carrier Rules” on the left nav, and then click Add New +.
- In the Basic panel, enter a name for this rule, something like “Free Shipping over $X”.
- In the Shipping Methods panel, Add the Custom or Live Rate shipping method that you want to assign the rule to.
- In the Actions panel, set the drop down called Action to Perform to “Set/Surcharge Shipping Methods.” Under the Adapt Shipping Rates drop down select “Set Rates”. Under Apply Shipping Rate/Percentage choose “per Shipping Group” and select the Shipping Group defined in Part 1 above.
- In the Set/Modify section, in Shipping Rate field enter
- Save the rule.
Now, free shipping is provided to all orders over $X. Products that are not assigned to the shipping group from part 1 will receive free shipping. Products that are assigned to that shipping group will receive the rates defined by the carrier as normal.