This guide goes through how to offer free shipping for all orders over a certain dollar amount, with the exception of certain products.
On This Page
Step 1: Create a Shipping Group
- Click on “Shipping Groups” on the left nav and add a new one. We’ll give the group the name “Necklace” for this example. Don’t worry about any of the advanced settings.
Step 2: Create a Filter
- Click on “Filters” on the left nav and add a new one.
- Under Price Filter, change the dropdown to “Range” and enter the Minimum dollar amount (referred to as X) that applies to the filter.
- Save the filter.
Step 3: Create the New Shipping Rule
- Click on “Shipping Rules” on the left-hand navigation, and then click +New button
- In the Basic tab, enter a descriptive name for this rule, something like “Free Shipping over $X”.
- Under the Shipping Methods section, add the Custom or Live Rate shipping method that you want to assign the rule to.
- In the Action tab under the “Action to Perform” section, set I want to… to “Modify the Price of my selected Shipping Methods”, and set In Order to… to “Override Rates” and “By a Flat Rate”
0.00in the flat rate to set free shipping, and set And Apply The Rate to “per Shipping Group” and select the Shipping Group defined in Part 1 above.
- Save and test the rule.
Now, free shipping is provided to all orders over $X. Products that are not assigned to the shipping group from part 1 will receive free shipping. Products that are assigned to that shipping group will receive the rates defined by the carrier as normal.