This guide goes through how to offer free shipping for all orders over a certain dollar amount, with the exception of certain products.
Step 1: Create a Shipping Group
- Click on “Shipping Groups” on the left nav and add a new one. We’ll give the group the name “Necklace” for this example. Don’t worry about any of the advanced settings.
Step 2: Create a Filter
- Click on “Filters” on the left nav and add a new one.
- Switch “Ignore” under Price to “Range” and enter the Min dollar amount (referred to as X) that applies to the filter.
- Save the filter.
Step 3: Create the New Carrier Rule
- Click on “Carrier Rules” on the left nav, and then click “Add New +”.
- Enter a name for this rule, something like “Free Shipping over $X”.
- In the “Applicable Shipping Methods” section, choose the shipping method that you want to apply the rule to.
- In the “Actions” section, find the drop down called “Action to Perform” and choose “Set/Surcharge Shipping Methods.” Select “Set Rates” under the “Adapt Shipping Rates” drop down.
- Select “per shipping group” under “Apply shipping rate/percentage” and select all of the shipping groups except for the shipping group defined in part 1.
- In the “Shipping Rate” field enter $0.00
- Save the rule.
Now, free shipping is provided to all orders over $X. Products that are not assigned to the shipping group from part 1 will receive free shipping. Products that are assigned to that shipping group will receive the rates defined by the carrier as normal.