This document aims to guide you through the process of installing the Magento 1 ShipperHQ extension on a site which is already using a WebShopApps extension.
Extensions Incompatible with ShipperHQ
Many of the WebShopApps extensions can exist side by side with ShipperHQ and the standard ShipperHQ installation instructions can be followed. These extensions will continue to function with ShipperHQ enabled (although it’s not recommended, as ShipperHQ has their functionality built in).
There’s a handful of extensions which will not work while ShipperHQ is installed. These extensions need to have their configurations fully moved over to ShipperHQ and then be disabled:
- Dropship/Ship Manager and Dropcommon
- Address Validation
- Residential Selector
- Freight Shipping (ABF, Cerasis, Con-Way, CTS, Echo, Estes, FedEx, RL Freight, UPS Freight, YRC)
- Delivery Options for UPS
- Shipping Calendar (previously known as Matrix Days)
- UPS Calendar
- Store Pickup
- Admin Shipping
- Handling Separate
- Product View Rates prior to 1.11.6 (NB: version 1.11.6 onwards is fully-compatible)
Steps to Disable WSA Extensions
It’s assumed at this point that you’ve tested ShipperHQ elsewhere and are happy that the results ShipperHQ is returning are correct, or that you’re carrying this out on your testing site. This shouldn’t be carried out on a live site unless you’re happy the rates are correct.
- We’re going to just install the most basic ShipperHQ module for the time being. Unzip your ShipperHQ extension zip file and navigate to app/etc/modules/
- Set every ShipperHQ file in that directory to disabled except Shipperhq_Shipper.xml
- Follow the standard ShipperHQ installation instructions using the files you’ve unzipped
- This will have created all of the standard ShipperHQ attributes. You can now migrate your existing attributes into the new ones
- Once the migration is complete, you will need to disable the WebShopApps extensions listed above
- You can now enable the modules you disabled in step 2 and follow the rest of the standard ShipperHQ installation instructions such as enabling caching and recompilation