In some cases, you may want to surcharge shipping rates to certain Address Types. An example is wanting to surcharge shipping to Residential locations. ShipperHQ’s Address Type Based Rules functionality covers this need.
You will need to have Address Type Based Shipping Rules enabled.
This will walk you though setting up a rule that surcharges UPS Ground by $20 to a Residential location.
- Ensure you have a UPS Ground Carrier set up
- Click on Shipping Rules in the left-hand navbar
- Create a new Shipping Rule and name it something that’s descriptive
- Under the Shipping Methods section select UPS Ground from the Live Shipping Methods Assigned
- In the Actions tab under the “Action to Perform” section set I want to… to “Modify the Price of my selected Shipping Methods” and In Order to… to “Surcharge or Discount Rates” and “By a Flat Rate”
- Enter “20” for the flat rate and set And Apply This Rate to “Per Cart”
- In the Conditions tab, select “Residential” in the Address Type field
- Save and test your rule
ShipperHQ will now surcharge UPS Ground to Residential locations by $20.
This capability can be combined with any other Conditions on your shipping rule to make this apply in the specific scenario you need it to apply. Additionally, you can discount, override/set, or hide certain shipping options on specific days using other Actions.