With ShipperHQ’s Address Validation feature, you can allow our live UPS and FedEx integrations to determine if the destination address for shipping is commercial or residential.
ShipperHQ’s address-based Shipping Rules expand on this functionality by allowing you to surcharge, discount or hide options based on the address-type that has been entered for a customer’s order.
You may use address-based rules in ShipperHQ for a variety of scenarios.
Some of these include:
1. Surcharge Residential or Commercial Shipping Rates.
This is a great way to set surcharges or discounts based on the address-type that was selected.
For example, if you’re shipping to a residential address and want to include an additional cost to the shipping rates quoted to ensure your margins are covered.
2. Hide shipping options when certain address-type is used.
For example, if you don’t want to ship restricted items to a residential address, a hide rule based on address-type can be used to ensure rates are not quoted when a residential address is used at checkout.
To use Address-Type shipping rules, you’ll need to:
- Be sure you have Address Validation feature enabled by going to the “Advanced Features” tab in the left-hand navigation
- Next, go to the “Shipping Rules” tab from the left-hand navigation
- Click on the “Settings” link in the top right corner
- Under the “Filter Based On” tab, change the Address Type dropdown to “Yes”
- Apply the setting
- Once you’ve selected this option, you’ll see a dropdown for setting “Address Type” in the Advanced Conditions section of the Advanced tab in your Shipping Rules.
Once saved, this additional rule condition will use the address-type returned from your validation provider as a condition for the rule.
We recommend testing your new shipping rule using Test Your Rates and expanding the test calculator to use the complete address. Test using one commercial address and one residential address to review and confirm that the appropriate discount, surcharge, or hide rule is being applied.
- How to Configure Address Type Validation
- How To Create Shipping Rules
- How To Configure Hide Rules
- How To Configure Surcharge Rules
- How To Configure Discount Rules.