ShipperHQ supports DHL eCommerce North America live shipping rates allowing you to offer these services to your customers at checkout. This article describes how to add DHL eCommerce to your ShipperHQ account and get connected to your DHL eCommerce account to start offering rating.
In addition to DHL eCommerce, ShipperHQ also supports DHL Express. These two services are separate and installed separately within ShipperHQ.
Register for DHL eCommerce API credentials
When setting up your DHL eCommerce carrier in ShipperHQ, you’ll need certain credentials that will allow ShipperHQ to connect to the DHL eCommerce servers and obtain a rate quote. Follow these directions to obtain/set-up the necessary credentials.
- You’ll need to go to the DHL eCommerce site. Click “contact us” on the right hand side.
- Choose “Customer Service” button > DHL eCommerce.
- Use the Customer Web Portal to contact your representative and ask for Rating API Credentials.
Adding DHL eCommerce
Now that you have your credentials ready, use the steps below to set up DHL eCommerce in ShipperHQ.
- Log into your ShipperHQ account and click on Carriers in the navbar
- Click + New to add a new carrier
- Choose the Live Rate Carrier option
- Use Search Carriers to search for DHL eCommerce or scroll down to find DHL eCommerce from the list of available carriers
- Select DHL eCommerce
- Enter the carrier name shown at checkout, for example “DHL eCommerce” or “Shipping”
- Click the Continue button
DHL eCommerce has been added to your ShipperHQ account! You can now continue to connect to your DHL eCommerce account and start getting live rates.
Connecting Your DHL eCommerce Account
- Click the Enter Credentials button
Skip & Enter Later
You can select Skip & Enter Later if you don’t want to enter credentials now, but DHL eCommerce live rates won’t be available until credentials are entered and validated.
- Click the Enter Credentials button once again
- Select your ship-from location from the Origin associated with account drop-down menu
- Input your DHL eCommerce Client ID into the Client ID field
- Input your DHL eCommerce Client Secret into the Client Secret field
- Input your DHL eCommerce Pick-Up Account Number into the Pick-Up Account Number field
- Input your DHL eCommerce Distribution Center ID into the Distribution Center ID field
- Click the Validate button
If validation fails, double check the credentials you’re using then click the Try Credentials Again link to attempt to re-enter your credentials. You can also review our Troubleshooting Carrier Authentication Errors doc for additional steps.
- If validation is successful, click the toggle button to enable the DHL eCommerce carrier if you’re ready to start offering DHL eCommerce rates to your customers
- Click the Configure This Carrier button if the validation process was successful and you wish to make changes to your DHL eCommerce configuration
Your DHL eCommerce carrier is now ready to be used!
Within the carrier settings page, there are a variety of settings that can be applied. Be sure to review our articles on Carrier Configuration options if you would like to add any surcharges, discounts, or weight settings once this carrier has been added.
Configuring DHL eCommerce
ShipperHQ supports all DHL eCommerce services which are available via the DHL eCommerce API. However, certain services are only available for Canada-based accounts or may not be available for rating via the DHL eCommerce API. Standard services available via ShipperHQ are:
- DHL Packet International
- DHL Parcel International Direct
- DHL Parcel International Standard
- DHL Smart Mail Parcel Expedited
- DHL Smart Mail Parcel Expedited Max
- DHL Smart Mail Parcel Ground
The following services are available for Canada-based DHL eCommerce accounts. While you can select these within ShipperHQ, These services will not be returned if you have a DHL eCommerce account based outside of Canada:
- DHL Parcel International Direct MAX
- DHL Parcel International Direct Priority
- DHL Parcel International Direct Standard
Non-Live Rate Services
Certain services are not supported by the DHL eCommerce API. In order to rate for these services via ShipperHQ, you would need to get your rate card from DHL eCommerce and set up a Table Rate carrier within ShipperHQ with those rates:
- DHL Smart Mail Bound Printed Matter Expedited
- DHL Smart Mail Bound Printed Matter Ground
- DHL Smart Mail Parcel Return Ground
- DHL Smart Mail Parcel Return Light
- DHL Smart Mail Parcel Return Plus
Special Approval Required Services
Certain DHL eCommerce services are only available with special prior approval from DHL eCommerce and are not available for rating via the DHL eCommerce API. If you use a DHL eCommerce service that is not included in the lists above you’d need to get your rate card from DHL eCommerce and set up a Table Rate carrier within ShipperHQ with those rates.