This document will cover how to add a DHL carrier to your ShipperHQ account. You will create a DHL API Username and Password . The instructions below will tell you where to go and how to get them. You will then add a DHL carrier in ShipperHQ that will use this username and password to connect directly to the DHL API and retrieve live shipping rates.
On This Page
Follow these directions to obtain/set-up the necessary credentials and add the DHL carrier in ShipperHQ.
Register for DHL API credentials
- To obtain the API username and password that is needed, register on the following website https://xmlportal.dhl.com/login.
- When registering please indicate you are using ShipperHQ in the field titled, “Describe the application and business process where XML Services will be used.”
- Once complete, DHL will send a set of production credentials by the next business day to the email address that was entered during the registration.
If you receive any errors when saving the carrier, review the Troubleshooting steps first. If issues persist, reach out to us at email@example.com
Steps To Add This Carrier
- Go to the carriers page in the ShipperHQ dashboard
- Click Add New to add a new carrier
- Select Small Package carrier type
- Select install carrier to begin installing DHL carrier
- Search for DHL
- You can filter by carrier type or by installation status using the dropdown menus near the search bar
- Begin to install and validate the selected carrier by clicking the “install” button directly on the listing or click anywhere else on the listing to view a detailed page with more information about the carrier including information required for validating the carrier.
- Review required information required to complete installation and click Continue
- Enter the DHL Express API information obtained from DHL Express. Click Continue when complete
Note: Successful installation depends on the accurate entry of the account information required by each carrier. If you do not have the correct information you will not be able to validate your carrier and receive live rates.
- Once installation is complete, you will be presented with:
Installed but not validated
Your carrier can be installed and configured, but not validate. Successful validation depends on the accurate entry of the account information required by each carrier. If you do not have the correct information you will not be able to validate your carrier and receive live rates.