This document will cover how to add a DHL carrier to your ShipperHQ account. You will create a DHL API Username and Password . The instructions below will tell you where to go and how to get them. You will then add a DHL carrier in ShipperHQ that will use this username and password to connect directly to the DHL API and retrieve live shipping rates.
On This Page
Follow these directions to obtain/set-up the necessary credentials and add the DHL carrier in ShipperHQ.
Register for DHL API credentials
- To obtain the API username and password that is needed, register on the following website https://xmlportal.dhl.com/login.
- When registering please indicate you are using ShipperHQ in the field titled, “Describe the application and business process where XML Services will be used.”
- Once complete, DHL will send a set of production credentials by the next business day to the email address that was entered during the registration.
If you receive any errors when saving the carrier, review the Troubleshooting steps first. If issues persist, reach out to us at email@example.com
Steps To Add This Carrier
- Go to the Carriers page in the ShipperHQ dashboard
- Click + New to add a new carrier
- Select Live Rate Carrier
- Search for and select DHL
- Name this carrier (this name will be the name your customers see in the Checkout.)
- Success! You have added DHL to your list of carriers in ShipperHQ.
- You may now proceed to Validate DHL (instructions are in the following section), or you can skip this step and choose to validate your carrier at another time. If you choose to skip validation you can begin to configure your carrier’s settings right away.
Steps to Validate This Carrier
In order for your live rate carrier to access your live rates, you will need to enter your carrier account credentials for DHL and have them validated.
Validation, simply means that ShipperHQ was able to access the shipping account related to the credentials that you entered and retrieve rates.
If you choose to skip validation after adding your new carrier you will be reminded to add your credentials later.
- To validate, select Enter Credentials & Validate
- Enter the DHL Express API information for your account and click Continue
Note: Successful installation depends on the accurate entry of the account information required by DHL. If you do not have the correct information you will not be able to validate your carrier and receive live rates.
- If validation is successful, you will be presented with:
- The option to enable your carrier right away. (Enabling your carrier at this time will turn its rates on immediately even before you have made any configuration adjustments to it.)
- Begin to configure. Continuing with this button will take you to the carrier’s configuration page. You can also enable the carrier from this page once you have saved your settings.
- Alternatively, if validation fails, see our troubleshooting section below for help. Also, remember, you can skip your validation for now and continue to configure your carrier. The credentials that you have already entered will be saved and you will be reminded later to validate your carrier.
Installed but not validated
Your carrier can be installed and configured, but not validate. Successful validation depends on the accurate entry of the account information required by each carrier. If you do not have the correct information you will not be able to validate your carrier and receive live rates.