When certain products are in the cart show a separate custom rates carrier that all of your products can ship with.
Part 1: Create a Shipping Group
- Click on “Shipping Groups” on the left nav and add a new one. Don’t worry about any of the advanced settings. Let’s say you name it “Custom Freight”.
Part 2: Create the New Shipping Rule
- Click on “Shipping Rules” on the left nav, and then click “+New” button
- In the Basic tab, enter a name for this rule, something like “Show custom freight carrier for cart”.
- Under the Shipping Methods section, choose the custom rate method(s) you want to hide from the cart when the products are alone.
- In the Actions section, find the drop down called Action to Perform and choose “Hide my selected Shipping Methods”
- Still under Conditions, find the drop down for Shipping Group(s) do NOT include and select your “Custom Freight” shipping group
- Save and test the rule.
The custom carrier will now only be displayed when the “Custom Freight” carrier is in the cart.
Verify that your carriers and rules are working and see how they will display in your checkout right from the ShipperHQ dashboard.