When certain products are in the cart show a separate custom rates carrier that all of your products can ship with.
Part 1: Create a Shipping Group
- Click on “Shipping Groups” on the left nav and add a new one. Don’t worry about any of the advanced settings. Let’s say you name it “Custom Freight”.
Part 2: Create the New Shipping Rule
- Click on “Shipping Rules” on the left nav, and then click “+New” button
- In the Basic tab, enter a name for this rule, something like “Show custom freight carrier for cart”.
- Under the Shipping Methods section, choose the custom rate method(s) you want to hide from the cart when the products are alone.
- In the Actions section, find the drop down called Action to Perform and choose “Hide my selected Shipping Methods”
- Still under Conditions, find the drop down for Shipping Group(s) do NOT include and select your “Custom Freight” shipping group
- Save and test the rule.
The custom carrier will now only be displayed when the “Custom Freight” carrier is in the cart.