In some cases, you may want to hide shipping methods to certain Address Types. An example is wanting to hide a specific shipping method to Commercial locations. ShipperHQ’s Address Type Based Rules functionality covers this need.
- You will need to have Address Type Based Carrier Rules enabled.
This will walk you though setting up a rule that hides UPS SurePost to a Commercial location.
- Ensure you have a UPS SurePost Carrier set up
- Click on Carrier Rules in the left-hand navbar
- Create a new Carrier Rule and name it something that’s relevant to you
- In the Applicable Shipping Methods panel select UPS SurePost
- In the Advanced Conditions panel, select “Commercial” in the Address Type field
- In the Actions panel, set Action to Perform to “Hide Shipping Methods”
- Save your Carrier Rule
ShipperHQ will now hide UPS SurePost to Commercial locations.
This capability can be combined with any other Conditions on your carrier rule to make this apply in the specific scenario you need it to apply. Additionally, you can discount, override/set, or hide certain shipping options on specific days using other Actions.