In some cases, you may want to hide shipping methods to certain Address Types. The example below will hide a specific shipping method to Commercial locations. ShipperHQ’s Address Type Based Rules and Address Validation functionality cover this need.
- You will need to have the Address Validation advanced feature enabled
- You will need to Allow filters based on Address Type.
- Ensure you have UPS SurePost Carrier set up
- Click on Shipping Rules in the left-hand navbar and click the + New button
- On the Basic tab, give the rule a name that is most relevant to you (i.e. Hide SurePost to Businesses)
- In the Shipping Methods panel, under Live Shipping Methods Assigned, Add UPS SurePost
- On the Action tab > Action to Perform panel I Want To… dropdown, select “Hide my selected Shipping Methods”
- On the Conditions tab you can further specific what needs to be met in order for this rule’s action to apply
- On the Advanced tab > Advanced Conditions panel, Address Type is dropdown, select “Business”
- Save your Carrier Rule
ShipperHQ will now hide UPS SurePost to Commercial locations.
This capability can be combined with any other Conditions on your carrier rule to make this apply in the specific scenario you need it to apply. Additionally, you can discount, override/set, or hide certain shipping options on specific days using other Actions.
Verify that your carriers and rules are working and see how they will display in your checkout right from the ShipperHQ dashboard.