In some cases, you may want to hide shipping methods to certain Address Types. The example below shows how to hide a specific shipping method to Commercial locations. ShipperHQ’s Address Type Based Rules and Address Validation functionality cover this need.
- The Address Validation advanced feature enabled
- Allow filters based on Address Type
1. Ensure you have UPS SurePost Carrier set up.
2. Click on Shipping Rules in the left-hand navigation bar and click the + New button.
3. On the “I Want to…” screen choose “Hide Methods”
4. Select the shipping methods you’d like to hide e.g. UPS SurePost.
5. On the Conditions popup, you can specify what needs to be met for this rule to activate. If you do not have any conditions to apply press “I don’t have any conditions to apply”
6. The shipping rule is now created. You’ll be directed back to the shipping rules page.
7. Re-enter the shipping rule and on the Advanced tab > Advanced Conditions panel, Address Type is dropdown, select either “Business” or “Residential” that this rule should apply to.
ShipperHQ will now hide UPS SurePost to the chosen address type.
This capability can be combined with any other Conditions on your carrier rule to make this apply in the specific scenario you need it to apply. Additionally, you can discount, override/set, or hide certain shipping options on specific days using other Actions.
Verify that your carriers and rules are working and see how they will display in your checkout right from the ShipperHQ dashboard.