You want to show a flat cost and hide live rates on certain products when they’re alone in the cart.
Part 1: Create a Shipping Group
- Click on “Shipping Groups” on the left nav and add a new one. Don’t worry about any of the advanced settings. Let’s say you name it “Small”.
Part 2: Create the New Carrier Rule
- Click on “Carrier Rules” on the left nav, and then click “Add New +”.
- Enter a name for this rule, something like “Hide Live from Small items”.
- In the “Applicable Shipping Methods” section, choose the live rate methods you want to hide from the cart when the products are alone. Be sure your flat rate method is NOT highlighted.
- In the “Conditions” section, find the drop down called Must Include these Shipping Group(s) and select the shipping group you created in part 1 (i.e. “Small”).
- Still under “Conditions”, find the drop down for Excludes Shipping Group(s) and select all of your other used Groups, including All Products not Assigned.
- In the “Actions” section, find the drop down called “Action to Perform” and choose “Hide Shipping Methods”
- Save the rule.
Live rates will now be hidden anytime one of the Small items are place in the cart alone.