You want to show a flat cost and hide live rates on certain products when they’re alone in the cart.
Part 1: Create a Shipping Group
- Click on “Shipping Groups” on the left nav and add a new one. Don’t worry about any of the advanced settings. Let’s say you name it “Small”.
Part 2: Create the New Shipping Rule
- Click on “Shipping Rules” on the left nav, and then click “+New” button
- In the Basic tab, enter a name for this rule, something like “Hide Live from Small items”.
- Under the Shipping Methods section, choose the live rate methods you want to hide from the cart when the products are alone. Be sure your flat rate method is NOT highlighted.
- In the Actions section, find the drop down called Action to Perform and choose “Hide my selected Shipping Methods”
- In the Conditions tab, find the drop down called Shipping Group(s) Include ALL and select the shipping group you created in part 1 (i.e. “Small”).
- Still under Conditions, find the drop down for Shipping Group(s) do NOT include and select all of your other used Groups, including All Products not Assigned.
- Save and test the rule.
Live rates will now be hidden anytime one of the Small items are place in the cart alone.
Verify that your carriers and rules are working and see how they will display in your checkout right from the ShipperHQ dashboard.