You want to show a flat cost and hide live rates on certain products when they’re alone in the cart.
Part 1: Create a Shipping Group
- Click on “Shipping Groups” on the left nav and add a new one. Don’t worry about any of the advanced settings. Let’s say you name it “Small”.
Part 2: Create the New Carrier Rule
- Click on “Carrier Rules” on the left nav, and then click “Add New +”.
- In the Basic panel, enter a name for this rule, something like “Hide Live from Small items”.
- In the Shipping Methods section, choose the live rate methods you want to hide from the cart when the products are alone. Be sure your flat rate method is NOT highlighted.
- In the Conditions section, find the drop down called Must Include these Shipping Group(s) and select the shipping group you created in part 1 (i.e. “Small”).
- Still under Conditions, find the drop down for Excludes Shipping Group(s) and select all of your other used Groups, including All Products not Assigned.
- In the Actions section, find the drop down called Action to Perform and choose “Hide Shipping Methods”
- Save the rule.
Live rates will now be hidden anytime one of the Small items are place in the cart alone.