You might have a group of very loyal customers that always get free shipping while the rest of your customers don’t. Or, you might sell to both wholesale and retail customers and offer free shipping for your wholesale customers. No matter your scenario, you can use ShipperHQ’s Customer Group support to set up free shipping for a specific group of customers.
- You’ll need at least one Carrier set up in ShipperHQ
- You’ll need to have Customer Groups enabled and set up in ShipperHQ
- Make sure that the customers that should receive Free Shipping are assigned to the correct Customer Group in your eCommerce platform
- Go to “Carrier Rules” in the left-hand navbar > Add New +
- In the Basic panel, enter a Name for your Carrier Rule. Something like “Free UPS Ground for Wholesale Customers”
- Under Shipping Methods, Add the Custom or Live Rate method (or methods if you’re offering multiple free options) that you want this rule to apply on
- Under Conditions, select the Customer Group that should receive free shipping in the Applicable Customer Groups dropdown. If any other restrictions apply (for example, this promotion only applies to shipments to the US 48 Zone or to specific Shipping Groups this is where you set up these restrictions)
- In the Actions panel, set the Action to Perform to “Set/Surcharge Shipping Methods” and Adapt Shipping Rates to “Set Rates”. Then, under Set/Modify Shipping Rate enter
0.00as the Shipping Rate.
Now, when a customer that has been assigned to this Customer group in your eCommerce platform places an order, they’ll see free shipping for the shipping method you selected.