Error Messages can be shown in some circumstances when no rates are returned for a Carrier. This doc explains the configuration of these Error Messages within ShipperHQ.
Internal/External Error Messages
There are internal error messages and external error messages:
- Internal Error Messages – These are the ones that give diagnostic information. They can vary from no locations found to unauthorized api call, etc.
- External Error Messages – These are those that are displayed by the merchant to the customer in the cart/checkout.
Otherwise External Error Messages are shown depending on the configuration of your ShipperHQ.
External Error Message Configuration
There are 4 different places you can set errors:
- In the ShipperHQ Magento extension (if on Magento)
- As a global error message in ShipperHQ Settings (not supported for BigCommerce)
- At a Carrier Level (see Error Handling tab under each Carrier)
- At a Rule Level (see under Prevent Shipping Action tab)
These relate to degrees of granularity, and will be shown as follows:
- If no connection can be made to ShipperHQ or credentials cannot be validated the Error Message specified under ShipperHQ settings in Magento is used (if enabled/applicable).
- If a connection is made for the website to ShipperHQ with valid credentials but there are no valid origin locations for the cart/destination the global error message is shown (if enabled).
- If no carrier rates can be found and there is no specific rule error that causes those rates not be found then the carrier error message is shown (if enabled).
- If no carrier rates can be found and there is a specific rule that has an error message then the rule error message will be shown (if enabled).