Error Messages are shown in some circumstances (depending on configuration) when no rates can be returned for a Carrier.
This section looks at the configuration of these Error Messages within ShipperHQ.
Internal/External Error Messages
The way ShipperHQ works there are internal error messages and external error messages.
- Internal Error Messages – These are the ones that give diagnostic information. They can vary from no locations found to unauthorized api call, etc.
- External Error Messages – These are those that are displayed by the merchant to the customer in the cart/checkout.
Internal Error Messages are currently shown if you have Developer Logging on and the WebShopApps logging enabled. Otherwise External Error Messages are shown depending on the configuration of your ShipperHQ.
External Error Message Configuration
There are 4 different places you can set errors:
- In the ShipperHQ Magento extension (if on Magento)
- As a global error message in ShipperHQ Settings
- At a Carrier Level (see Error Handling tab under each Carrier)
- At a Rule Level (see under Prevent Shipping Action tab)
These relate to degrees of granularity, and will be shown as follows:
- If no connection can be made to ShipperHQ or credentials cannot be validated the Error Message specified under ShipperHQ settings in Magento is used (if enabled/applicable).
- If a connection is made for the website to ShipperHQ with valid credentials but there are no valid origin locations for the cart/destination the global error message is shown (if enabled).
- If no carrier rates can be found and there is no specific rule error that causes those rates not be found then the carrier error message is shown (if enabled).
- If no carrier rates can be found and there is a specific rule that has an error message then the rule error message will be shown (if enabled).