When cart hits 300lbs, you want to prevent any rates from displaying in the cart/checkout and only show an error message.
This is unsupported currently in Bigcommerce and Shopify due to constraints by the eCommerce platform.
- Create a Filter and set min cart weight to 300lbs.
- Go to Carrier Rules and create a new Carrier Rule
- Give it a name that is relevant to the rule (i.e.: “Prevent Rates when cart over 300lbs”)
- In Applicable Shipping Methods section, highlight all options in both boxes.
- In Conditions section, select your Filter created in Step 1 in the Weight/Price/Quantity Filters dropdown
- In Actions section, select Hide Shipping Methods
- Check the “Show Error Message when this Rule Applies” box (see screenshot below for reference)
- Enter the error message you want to display.
Voila! Whenever the cart is over 300lbs, all shipping method options will be hidden and the error message you set will display to the customer in the cart/checkout.