You offer free shipping for orders over a certain dollar amount but for certain products only.
Part 1: Create a Shipping Group
- Click on “Shipping Groups” on the left nav and add a new one. Don’t worry about any of the advanced settings.
This shipping group will need to be assigned to all of the products that this rule is to apply to.
Part 2: Create a Filter
- Click on “Filters” on the left nav and add a new one.
- Switch “Ignore” under Price to “Range” and enter the Min dollar amount (referred to as X) that applies to the filter.
- Save the filter.
Part 3: Create the New Carrier Rule
- Click on “Carrier Rules” on the left nav, and then click “Add New +”.
- Enter a name for this rule, something like “Free Shipping over $X for Y products”.
- In the “Applicable Shipping Methods” section, choose the shipping method that you want to apply the rule to.
- In the “Conditions” section, select the shipping group you defined in Part 1 in Includes one or more of dropdown.
- In the “Conditions” section, you’ll also want to select the filter that you made in ‘Part 2’ above.
- In the “Actions” section, find the drop down called “Action to Perform” and choose “Set/Surcharge Shipping Methods.” Select “Set Rates” under the “Adapt Shipping Rates” drop down.
- Select “per shipping group” under “Apply shipping rate/percentage” and select the shipping group defined in part 1.
- In the “Shipping Rate” field enter $0.00
- Save the rule.
Free shipping is provided to that particular product over $X. Products that are not assigned to the shipping group from part 1 will not receive free shipping. Products that are assigned to that shipping group will receive the free shipping cost.